Mini Calendar Links Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mini Calendar Links Not Working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dokuchie Rob
    Participant

I’ve disabled other plugins. I’ve changed the theme to default.

I’ve tried Event Rocket.

Nothing is working – the widget doesn’t work, and neither does echo do_shortcode.

The links on the mini calendar aren’t working and neither is the Ajax switcher. There’s no javascript errors being thrown.

I’ve got until 11am tomorrow to fix this. Please help. http://dev.overdrivedesign.biz/t3ps/

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Rob!

I am happy to help you with that. I don’t know what Timezone you’re in, but hopefully we can help you meet that deadline.

Your site is currently timing out/offline. I was unable to glean any extra information from it. But, Ajax issues like that often happen because of CORS or a security policy. Do you have subdomains or multiple domains? If so have you setup CORS for your domains? If not, is there anything on your server that might block access to the /wp-admin/ pages? If so, can you disable any configuration or whatever you have setup to prevent access? WordPress’ builtin user login is usually quite sufficient. Usually when people add security layers to it they break admin-ajax.php, which resides in the /wp-admin/ folder. This file must be accessible by all parties whether they are logged in or not, and by default WordPress makes that way. If it’s not, then WordPress’ Ajax API will be broken and unresponsive.

Does that all make sense? Are you able to find the issue?

Cheers!

– Brook

Dokuchie Rob
    Participant

Hi…

It’s now at http://t3ps.ca and nothing has changed when moved away from the testing server.

I need to know how to fix this.

Someone help?

George
    Participant

Hey Rob,

The site was blocked when I checked this out (https://cloudup.com/c6FMwrNwfyE), and we cannot log into user sites so please do not share or post credentials here.

Can you open that site to the public for now so we can help troubleshoot things?

Thank you!

Dokuchie Rob
    Participant

Hi…

The site is now open. The Mini Calendar is STILL not working.

Please help.

Dokuchie Rob
    Participant

It works in TwentyFifteen. But I’ve removed ALL plugins in my theme, as well as removed all javascript from the head, but it’s still not working.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for sharing the link Rob. When I open up the Browser Console I see that ajax requests are being sent succesfully, but there is no response. Does your theme have any ajax functions? It is somehow breaking WP’ Ajax API. Can you try disabling those functions? Can you search through its sources for any mentions of ajax, and see if disabling those bits makes things work?

I wish I could be more specific. I am not familiar enough with your theme. Does your theme author have any support channel? They likely have received reports of this from other plugins being broken as well. It is just the WP Ajax API that is not working. If switching themes makes it work, it is likely a problem they are aware of and might have a fix for.

I notice you are also running HTTPS. A lot of security plugins have an option to disable WP Admin access, which breaks the Ajax API. If yours does, does disabling it fix things?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Mini Calendar Links Not Working’ is closed to new replies.