Mini Calendar Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mini Calendar Issue

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Hello! We’re having a weird issue with the mini calendar shortcode. It’s been working fine for a while but is now exhibiting some bizarre behavior:
    1. The calendar is listing events below that fall in the following month
    2. The events list below the calendar is showing events that occur far in the future as opposed to just the events for that month.
    The weird thing is that if a user clicks the advance month arrow button and then clicks it back to the previous month, then the calendar and events list below displays properly.

Following is what I’ve tried for troubleshooting with no change to the problem:
    + Disabled plugins one by one
    + Switched to a different theme
    + Checked shortcode for extraneous code

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Laura,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Just to confirm, have you tried switching to a default WordPress theme, such as “Twentyseventeen”?  If you haven’t already done so, please give this a try and let me know what you find.

We have had some compatibility issues with Divi that can affect pagination, so we have an extension that may help, if that is the issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/elegant-themes-divi-theme-compatibility/

Also, would you mind providing me with a link to the page where you are seeing the issue, as well as the shortcode that you are using?

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for that information.  I see what you mean about those extra dates appearing on your calendar.  It looks like only one event is supposed to show up for October, is that correct?  Do the events with those dates in 2036 actually exist as created events?

As a next step, would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and sharing any debug messages you see?

Also, I noticed that you have The Events Calendar Shortcode plugin on your site.  Are you using this plugin to display your events?  We are not affiliated with this plugin in any way and I just want to isolate the issue and see if it is our shortcode that is giving you the issue.  Let me know!

If you view the calendar elsewhere, such as on the events page, does it render correctly?  Do you have any custom code on that page or anywhere else that could be interfering with the display?

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Laura,

Thanks so much for providing us with all of this information.  It was super helpful, as I was able to do some tests on my own site.  I am able to replicate this issue, and it seems to be a bug on our end.

I have alerted our developers to the issue and have linked this thread to the issue.  You will be notified when the issue has been resolved.

I’m sorry that there’s not more that we can do right now to assist you with this issue.  I appreciate your patience and understanding through this process.  I’m going to mark this thread as Pending Fix for now.

Thanks,
    Jaime

Laura
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe for this fix, but I can confirm that work has begun on it.  I’m glad you have found some workarounds in the meantime.

We will let you know when a fix has become available!

Thanks,

Jaime

Courtney

Hey there Laura

We’ve just released an update that should fix this bug. You can read more about it at http://m.tri.be/19tp. Please update your plugins and let us know if you are still experiencing this or if we can close out this ticket.

Note: We suggest testing updates on a staging server (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/).

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Laura
    Participant

Hi, Courtney! Thanks, the update seems to have fixed the issues. For the same mini calendar shortcode, we’re showing one category and I’m wondering if there is a way to have the list below show events in the current month that have already passed. Thank you!

Hi Laura,

Glad to hear that the update resolved your issue!

If you’d like to show past events with a shortcode, you can add a date to the shortcode, which will force past events to show up.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Mini Calendar Issue’ is closed to new replies.