Milan Design Week – venues at-a-glance

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Milan Design Week – venues at-a-glance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    designapplause
    Participant

design week is coming up. there are many events in six areas of milan and in three categories: exhibit, party and class/workshop. is there a way to focus on just the milan venues for 7 days so you can get an at-a-glance on what/where the happenings are?

George
    Participant

Hey @designapplause,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you say “focus on the venues”, can you describe what you mean by this?

There’s a “featured venue” widget and shortcode, for example, which may work well for you β€” learn more about it here ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/#featured-venue-shortcode

Please let me know if this helps!

George

designapplause
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @Designapplause,

Thanks for your followup.

There’s indeed a “map view”. It’s similar to what you describe here.

To get a feel for the “map view”, check out the official demo site here: wpshindig.com/events/map

You can use this view in a number of locations via Events Calendar Pro’s [tribe_events] shortcode, which you can learn more about here β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Cheers!
    George

designapplause
    Participant

hi george,

the demo looks to be for a site and not for a post. we already have an events view for our site which covers all events happening everywhere. or is there also map a view for a post to shout a specific event ?

designapplause
    Participant

This reply is private.

Caroline

Hi @designapplause,

Thanks for following up to clarify what you’re looking for here! If you’re looking to place your map view on a specific post or page and limit the view to certain events only, it sounds like our [tribe_events] shortcode might fit the bill nicely. Using the codeΒ [tribe_events view=”map”], you can embed a map view of your calendar into any existing post or page, and additional options will allow you to limit the display to events within a certain category, a range of dates, featured events, and so on. You can read more about the many options available for this shortcode on our Knowledgebase here.

Does this seem like something that might be a good fit for your needs? Let us know if you should have any other questions here! πŸ™‚

designapplause
    Participant

thank you, it’s a start. i’ve created a post with this short code = [tribe_events view=”map” tribe-bar=”true” category=”salone 2017″]

the problem is ALL the events i have posted on my website events feature appear in this post. one new event has a unique category (salone 2017) and i was hoping the new event would be the only event showing in this post.

George
    Participant

Thanks for your patience with the delayed response times here given our team trip outages!

In regards to your issues, the slug “salone 2017” may not be sufficient. You may need to use “salone-2017” or something, as spaces are not something usually supported by WordPress taxonomies.

Try out “salone-2017” and let us know if any progress is made!

β€” George

designapplause
    Participant

hello,

i matched and pasted the slug created by events calendar = salone-2017 per your advice – dah ! but that didn’t change things.

here’s the short code for the post = [tribe_events view=”map” tribe-bar=”true” category=”salone-2017″]

but still, all current events visible on the main events calendar appear in this post.

George
    Participant

Hey @designapplause,

I am not able to create any issues here, so perhaps salone_2017 or salone2017 would work well. In any case, you should find the slug of the category and try using the slug as it’s recorded in the wp-admin.

I hope that helps!

β€” George

designapplause
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

designapplause
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Milan Design Week – venues at-a-glance’ is closed to new replies.