Migration with upgrade from 1.3.3 to 2.0.8 not triggering.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Migration with upgrade from 1.3.3 to 2.0.8 not triggering.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Broome
    Participant

Hello I have 1.3.3 installed with a collection of events and bought + installed 2.0.8 – it runs but does not give the option to migrate the events. I already started a discussion with Ron and he said to come here. I disable 1.3.3 then activate 2.0.8 and it just give the basic activated message .. what’s next?

roballproducts
    Participant

Hi there David. Thanks for bringing the discussion over here; rereading your note, I think I understand the issue: you’d have only seen a migration prompt if you were coming from 1.6.5 (free), not 1.3 3 (PRO). Coming from 1.3.3 should mean that upon activating 2.0.8, your 1.3.3 events are already under the “Events” admin panel and no migration is required. Could that have happened? Mind checking for me and letting me know? Thanks!

David Broome
    Participant

If it only was that easy … No once I deactivate 1.3.3 and activate 2.O.8 there are no events. I have since added a few to the 2.0.8 ‘collection’. Do I need to upgrade to 1.6.5 (but don’t know where to find it) then to 2.0.8?

Rob

David: no, you shouldn’t have had to update to 1.6.5. These were essentially two separate plugins before we moved to 2.0:

* The free The Events Calendar 1.6.5 plugin, when jumping to 2.0, DID have a migration process that was somewhat complex.
    * The (paid) Events Calendar PRO 1.3.3 plugin was a separate product that didn’t require The Events Calendar to run. When activating the 2.0 code alongside 1.3.3, as per this article (https://theeventscalendar.com/migrating-from-events-calendar-1-6-5-to-2-0/), the experience was intended to be as seamless as possible.

That’s what I’m confused by here, is that it sounds like you experienced a problem some free users encounter that you shouldn’t have seen as a PRO user. I will need to look into this myself, from the looks of things; can you revert back to the 1.3.3 build and send me a set of admin credentials to pro /a/ tri.be, with a link to this thread? Please also confirm that you don’t mind me attempting the update on my end with your site…

Thanks for your patience, David.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration with upgrade from 1.3.3 to 2.0.8 not triggering.’ is closed to new replies.