Migrating The Events Calendar Pro to a new server

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Migrating The Events Calendar Pro to a new server

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shane
    Participant

I am in the process of redesigning my site and I want to migrate my events calendar data from my current installation to my sandbox.

How do I import all data – events plus settings – to my sandbox?

Also, do I need to have more than one key for my software installations? Thanks.

Patricia

Hey Shane,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

To migrate your events from one calendar/site to another, you can use the WordPress Import and Export tools.

Regarding your second question, you can use one license key for both your live and dev sites. You will find further information about this here.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you need anything else and I’ll be happy to assist ?

Regards,

Patricia

Shane
    Participant

Is there a way to import settings to my dev site?

Also, the filter bar license won’t work on both sites. Thanks.

Patricia

Hi Shane,

Can you please specify which settings you want to import to your dev site that are not migrating using our proposed method?

Regarding the problem with the Filter Bar license, if you are unable to use the same license on both sites, download the latest release candidate for Filter Bar (from your downloads section), install/activate it in your dev site and just ignore the messages.

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Shane
    Participant

The file is too large I believe. It keeps timing out. The export file is 12mb.
    Shane M Belanger, Founder & Managing Member
    Westerly Life LLC
    401-594-4095 ext 1
    [email protected]

Westerly Life | Westerly Food | Westerly Foto | Westerly Host | Wester.ly

Patricia

Hi Shane,

Thank you for sending us further information on this!

The best/simplest way to solve this timeout issue is by increasing the max_execution_time in php.ini (the default value is 30 seconds):

max_execution_time = 60

If increasing the max_execution_time to 1 minute is still not enough, you can adjust/increase it more to ensure that the server will have time to process your requests before it hangs.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating The Events Calendar Pro to a new server’ is closed to new replies.