Migrating from Woocommerce Tickets to Event Tickets & Deposit Compatability

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Migrating from Woocommerce Tickets to Event Tickets & Deposit Compatability

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi – I’m currently running Woocommerce Tickets (customised) along side Events Calendar Pro (4.4.5), and cannot upgrade to latest version without loosing support for Woocommerce Tickets. I assume I now need to move to Events Tickets Plus in order to continue if I wish to upgrade to 4.5.x.

Questions:

1) I also use 3rd party plugin WooCommerce Deposits to allow deposit or full payment on these events. I may also scrap this and move to the official Woocommerce Deposits – will this official deposits plugin work with Events Tickets Plus?

2) If I don’t upgrade and leave the plugins as they are will I run into trouble if I continue to update Woocommerce itself?

Thanks!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Chris,

I’m happy to help here!

1. Yes, you will eventually have to switch to Event Tickets Plus if you’d like to keep updating Events Calendar PRO.
    2. WooCommerce plugins SHOULD still work, as long as they are official WooCommerce plugins, yes, and if they don’t, WooCommerce will be able to support you on them.
    3. Though I can’t say for certain, you likely WILL run into issues eventually by not upgrading/migrating. If for no other reason than the fact that a lot of our updates prevent security risks by staying up to date on current coding standards.

Generally, I think it may be helpful for you to check out this guide for moving from our old commerce plugins (like WooTickets) to Event Tickets Plus. 🙂

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating from Woocommerce Tickets to Event Tickets & Deposit Compatability’ is closed to new replies.