Migrating from Eventbrite to WooCommerce tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Migrating from Eventbrite to WooCommerce tickets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidcoulter
    Participant

We have used the EventBrite ticket plugin (currently v3.4) with Events Calendar (currently v 3.6.1) for years but plan on switching to the WooCommerce ticket plugin. The issue appears when we install the new WooCommerce ticket plugin 3.9 and update the Events Calendar to 3.9 ( as required ). When we do install and update the previous events no longer appear as /single-event pages. They are blank. I know we will not see any EventBrite data but the page appears to only load partially.

Do you have any suggestions which will allow the update to WooCommerce Tickets while allowing previous events (at least some text) to display?

?? We thought about upgrading to Eventbrite tickets 3.9 BUT we really don’t want to upgrade when we plan on discontinuing the plugin, and we are not even sure that will solve the problem.

Thanks
    Dave C.

Geoff

Hi there, Dave! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. I’m sorry you’re hitting some trouble here, but hopefully we can figure it out here together. 🙂

There are a number of ways we can go to troubleshoot this, but will you first send me a link to an event that is showing the issue? I tried going to the following past event and it looks like it is showing as a /single-event page with content: http://www.ccacanada.com/single-event/brazilian-presidential-election-preview/

Is this event missing content or does this mean the issue is only happening with some events and not others? Let’s start with that question and then hopefully we can troubleshoot this a little deeper.

Cheers!
    Geoff

davidcoulter
    Participant

The events show now because I had to restore a backup so that the site was operational.

When I installed Events Calendar 3.9 and WooCommerce tickets the /single-event/XXX pages were corrupt (ie. showed some html and then appeared to stop loading page).

Is the old Eventbrite plugin (3.4) NOT backward compatible with Event Calendar 3.9?

It appears that I may need to install the latest Eventbrite plugin but we want to migrate to using our recently purchased Woo Tickets plugin and don’t want to buy a plugin we are not planning on using.

Geoff

Hey there, Dave–thanks for following up! I’m glad you were able to restore a backup, but am sorry you’re still hitting some issues here.

Is the old Eventbrite plugin (3.4) NOT backward compatible with Event Calendar 3.9?

No, our plugins are generally not backwards compatible and we do recommend syncing version numbers to ensure the highest level of compatibility. Sorry if that wasn’t entirely clear up front when you updated.

I think the best way to troubleshoot and test this out would be to set up a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have a CPanel-type hosting account there will probably be a one-click install script to make this really easy)
    • Don’t install anything except the latest version (3.9) of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO and WooTickets
    • Please also stick to a default theme–again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Create a few events so we have some test data to work with
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the test site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Dave! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Geoff

Hi there, Dave! It’s been a while, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. Please feel free to let us know if anything else comes up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating from Eventbrite to WooCommerce tickets’ is closed to new replies.