Migrating events from ECP v1.3.3 to The Events Calendar v2.0.3

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Migrating events from ECP v1.3.3 to The Events Calendar v2.0.3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hello,
    I need to upgrade my calendar software from Events Calendar Pro 1.3.3 to the latest version. I followed the instructions in the “migrating from The Events Calendar 1.6.5 to 2.0” video but I never saw the option to migrate events after activating the new version. Is there something I need to do as an ECP 1.3.3 user that’s different than the 1.6.5 open source user?

This is really frustrating me and I’m working on a deadline. I had to actually restore my site from a backup after having serious display issues (no template styling, missing field data) during the upgrade and then trying to revert and losing all my events data.

I would appreciate any help you can provide!

Best,
    Frank

Rob

Hi Frank. For 1.3.3 the process was a bit less intensive than from 1.6.5; if you activated 2.0 after having 1.3.3 in, all of your 1.3.3 events should have been converted automatically. There shouldn’t be any need to do anything more than deactivate one and install the other.

Are you experiencing something different? If so, can you elaborate as to what?

Frank
    Participant

Hi Rob,

I did experience something different, but I was testing it on my live site so I had to revert it quickly and can’t remember every detail that was messed up. Now I’m trying to migrate the records over to my new server so I can try the upgrade again on a non-live site.

However I’m having problems migrating records from the old server to the new, even though both are running v1.33.

I posted about it in the other thread regarding the migration.

Best,
    Frank

Rob

Thanks Frank. I’ll take a look over there and respond accordingly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating events from ECP v1.3.3 to The Events Calendar v2.0.3’ is closed to new replies.