Migrate events, tickets, attendees

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Migrate events, tickets, attendees

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mereagency
    Participant

We’re currently building a new site for a client that has upcoming ticketed events with attendees already associated with them. Is it possible to migrate these ticketed events and retain the attendees and tickets that were sold on the old site?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Matt and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Is it possible to migrate these ticketed events and retain the attendees and tickets that were sold on the old site?

The short answer to this is yes.

You have a couple of ways to go about this:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-wordpress-export-tools-to-migrate-events-content/
    2. Use our brand new import from URL feature https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-4-5/
    3. Manually extract and migrate the appropriate database info (tribe_events post type and their post_meta + do the same with all tickets). A plugin such a DB migrate is of great help for that purpose.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

mereagency
    Participant

Thanks, Geoff. I tried the WordPress Import/Export with no luck (orders, attendees, events, tickets.) Migrate DB won’t work in my situation (single-site to multisite on WP Engine.) If I purchase the Aggregator, and enter the link to the event on the current site, will it import tickets and orders into the new site?

Geoff B.

Good evening Matt,

Thank you for writing back.

Migrate DB won’t work in my situation (single-site to multisite on WP Engine.)

That is regrettable.

That being said,  my gut feeling is that there has to be a tool or a script available out there to deal with situations such as yours (going from single-site to multisite).

If I purchase the Aggregator, and enter the link to the event on the current site, will it import tickets and orders into the new site?

That should totally be the case. But the feature is fairly new.
    Please note that both websites need to have the Events Calendar 4.5+ for this to work.

My suggestion would be to give it a shot. Worst case scenario, all of our add-ons and services come with a 30 day refund policy.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrate events, tickets, attendees’ is closed to new replies.