Meta keys for start and end times

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Meta keys for start and end times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dotdash
    Participant

Hello there,

Where would I locate the meta keys for the start and end time of an event?

I can’t find them here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wordpress-post-meta-data/

Or, what would I use to display a time frame such as this: 10am – 12pm?

I am using EVP and WooTickets in conjunction with Essential Grid.

Cheers,

Spencer

Matthew

Howdy Spencer – great question!

The times for an event are stored along with the dates, so the meta keys that hold that information are _EventStartDate and _EventEndDate. However, there are a couple of handy functions that will allow you to easily display the date/time in whichever format best suits your needs! Check out tribe_get_start_date() and tribe_get_end_date() – both use PHP date formatting.

// 'ga' outputs the time in 12-hour time with am/pm after it
    echo tribe_get_start_date( $event_id, TRUE, 'ga' ) . ' - ' . tribe_get_end_date( $event_id, TRUE, 'ga' );

Does that point you in the right direction?

dotdash
    Participant

This reply is private.

Matthew

I have never used Essential Grid…it looks like an awesome plugin! Sorry I don’t have more insight into implementation with it.

As for the code, you should be able to place that in a function in functions.php, perhaps like so:

// obviously rename this function to something that suits you :)
    function my_sweet_event_dates( $event_id ) {
        // 'ga' outputs the time in 12-hour time with am/pm after it
        echo tribe_get_start_date( $event_id, TRUE, 'ga' ) . ' - ' . tribe_get_end_date( $event_id, TRUE, 'ga' );
    }

The tribe_get_start_date() and tribe_get_end_date() functions are awesome for shortening that date, plus you can output both the date and times.

Hopefully that helps!

Matthew

It has been a while since our last communication, so I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to start a new one! Thank you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Meta keys for start and end times’ is closed to new replies.