Message on ticket receipt

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Message on ticket receipt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

When a ticket order has been made, the purchaser gets a receipt which includes the following:
    “You’ll receive your tickets in another email.”

We’d like to change that message, as we do not provide tickets, but simply add names to a reservation list. I am unable to find where to change this text.

Thanks for anticipated advice.

Gordon Peery

George
    Participant

Hey Gordon,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. The good news is that there is, indeed, a filter for that message text if you’re using our WooCommerce Tickets add-on specifically – at this time, not all other ticketing add-ons have a similar filter.

You should be able to change that message with some PHP like this, added to your theme’s functions.php file:

function gpeery_woo_email_message() {
        return __( "You've been added to our reservation list!" );
    }
    add_filter( 'wootickets_email_message', 'gpeery_woo_email_message' );

Let me know if this helps! 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Michelle
    Participant

Before I try this, I’m curious about the reference to
    “function gpeery_woo_email_message”
    where it includes a reference to my name.
    In our ticket email settings, the email is actually sent from [email protected].
    . . or is this just creating a new function which has a title using my name as an identifier.
    I’m not that savvy with php.

Thanks,
    Gordon

George
    Participant

Hey Gordon,

All I did was name the example function with gpeery_ in function name to personalize it a bit! 🙂 It’s fine to use and shouldn’t conflict with anything or cause problems at all.

Does that address your concern?

Let us know if you get to try out the code as described here!

Cheers,
    George

Michelle
    Participant

This issue is not resolved. I added the code (see screenshot
    http://monadnockcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/TicketsScreenShot.jpg ) but have since received another ticket order with the original message. This seems like something that should really be able to customized in settings, since situations vary so much. But for the moment I’d just like to get it working by whatever means necessary. Thanks for your continued support.

Gordon

George
    Participant

Hey Gordon,

It looks like there may some invalid code in your child-theme’s functions.php, which would prevent our code there from firing – can you paste the whole, un-edited file into a Gist at http://gist.github.com, so we can look at the entire functions.php file? Do not edit or remove anything, as we need to address things as they currently are in their entirety.

And thanks for the kind words Gordon, thank you for being patient with the support process here! 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Michelle
    Participant

anonymous / gist:02e179879c224c40500c

Thanks

GOrdon

George
    Participant

Hey Gordon,

Thanks for being patient while we looked into this – can you try out this slightly-modified version of your functions.php file and see if anything changes as we hope?

https://gist.github.com/momnt/2a8951468819c1a457d1

Thanks!
    George

Michelle
    Participant

Hi George,

I will try this, however before I do, I notice that the end of the code you provided does not include
    a “?>”. I’m not strong on php but it’s my understanding that is a standard ending. Should I add that in?

Also, once I do try this, it might be several days before I know whether this works, as we are a couple of weeks away from a ticketed event, so we may not have any sales in the next few days.

Unless there is another way to check this?

Thanks,
    Gordon

George
    Participant

Hey Gordon,

The closing “?>” is not required and, depending on the file – functions.php is one example, actually – it can lead to problems! Weird, for sure, but you should be fine with those tags or without them. Good eye though 🙂

As for testing the solution, would it be possible for you to create a “test” event with tickets that cost $0? Then you could pretend to “buy” these tickets to the non-exists test event, just to get the ticket confirmation email and see how it looks.

Let me know what you think!

George

Michelle
    Participant

I added the code.
    This does not change the message.
    I tested it with two different orders.

George
    Participant

Hi Gordon,

Hm, this does work for me, as shown in these screenshots → https://cloudup.com/csTNHdheFcs

Are you certain you’re running the most recent versions of The Events Calendar, the WooTickets add-on, and WooCommerce itself? If not, please update to the latest versions of all of these plugins and see if that changes anything.

If that still doesn’t help, then unfortunately there may be little further we can do from our end – something on your site is clearly preventing this code from running correctly, which could be a wide number of things.

Let us know if updating to the most recent version of things helps.

Thanks,
    George

P.S.

Can you try pasting your entire new, modified functions.php file into a Gist and sharing the link to it like you did before? Thanks!

Michelle
    Participant

Still no success – everything is updated.
    Here’s the code:
    https://gist.github.com/anonymous/4256059d04739762f46c

At some point we probably will transition this site to Canvas, which should resolve this, but that’s a few months out there.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Gordon

George
    Participant

Hi Gordon,

The only test I can think of here as a next step would be to activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve on your site – then, take just the email message-customization code I shared with you here (posted below again for reference) and this to the default theme’s functions.php file:

function gpeery_woo_email_message() {
        return __( "You've been added to our reservation list!" );
    }

add_filter( 'wootickets_email_message', 'gpeery_woo_email_message' );

Let us know if this helps!

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Message on ticket receipt’ is closed to new replies.