Merge Duplicate Venues and Organisers

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Merge Duplicate Venues and Organisers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    Participant

Is there a way to merge duplicate venues and organisers?

The majority of my events are imported from Facebook and it seems to be creating new venues and organisers each time it imports. Is there a way to merge the venues/organisers with the same name instead of load of identical one continuously being set up?

Thomas
    Participant

This has been called for months …
    But the problems of the customers seems to have no more in sight here….
    The Aggregator works only by shuffle mode… if it likes to.. and if it works it makes more problems to take care of as it solves….. yes im angry… cause they cant bring it to work for more than a few hours.. or best case days….

And it gets worse week by week….

Autoimport doenst work
    Connection to the server fails more and more
    New import cant be created (only csv..other greyed)
    Venues and organisers cant be merged….
    old events only can be deleted with 3rd party tools..

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

There’s definitely a way to do this. You should see an option to merge duplicates by going to “wp-admin > Events > Settings > General tab >Β Duplicate Venues & Organizers” If you don’t see the option there, then let me know and there are some steps we can take. πŸ™‚

Thomas,

Please open your own thread. Your issues seem to be separate, from the topic Michelle is talking about, and we’d like to give them individual attention. And, by the way, they are issues that we’re in the process of solving.

Michelle, let me know how this goes!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

I cannot see this option under wp-admin > Events > Settings > General tab

Also I have the Event Aggregator plug-in however the options for Import Origin appear to be greyed out now.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Can you try adding this bit of code to your functions.php file and then check your settings again? πŸ™‚

if ( class_exists('Tribe__Settings_Manager') ) {
     Tribe__Settings_Manager::set_option( 'organizer_venue_amalgamation', 0 );
    }

As always, make a back up of the file before making changes (just in case!), and let me know how it goes. πŸ™‚

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Michelle
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

I have added this is at the bottom of the file. Is this the correct thing to do?

It has not made any difference to my setting for the events calendar.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Michelle,

I’m going to take a look into why this might not be working. πŸ™‚

Hang tight. I’ll touch base tomorrow after I’ve had a chance to test this out!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Michelle,

So I believe this isn’t working because you don’t have Events Calendar PRO, but only The Events Calendar. The “Merge Duplicates” feature is a feature of PRO.

Apologies for my oversight there. I’d suggest upgrading to the Pro version if Β you need this feature. πŸ™‚

Is there anything else I can help you with on this front?

Take care,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Merge Duplicate Venues and Organisers’ is closed to new replies.