Menu Size

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    titusraj
    Participant

Lately I have realised to edit a menu for navigation , takes very long and sometimes times out.

Is it possible, this is happening because of the 100s of venues and 100s of events, that are on the left of the menu area, do these need to load and get saved even when one menu needs to be edited.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear things are running slowly for you! I took a look at your site but was not able to see the left hand menu you are referring to. The bar on the left was completely empty – looks like you need to be logged in to see it? However, if you have hundreds of items in the menu, events or not, that can certainly slow things down!

I would recommend taking a look at this article, which has some events-related tips on improving performance on your site. Another way to track down the culprit would be to install the Query Monitor plugin and check for slow queries. If you find any, please let me know (you can send a screenshot or copy/paste), and I’ll be happy to see what I can recommend!

Thanks,

Jennifer

titusraj
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying!

We are not able to login to user sites, but if you have hundreds of venues and organizers that are being pulled into the menu options, that can definitely slow down the page. Can you try going to the top of that screen, expanding the “Screen Options” menu, and unchecking venues and organizers? That should remove them from the options. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jennifer

titusraj
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Apologies , that might be an old password. I tried your suggestion, it does not seem to be working. It still more than a minute for the menu to load.

Please try this password.

https://raceconnections.com/wp-admin/

raceconnections

*q$4ERxWGqkIwXkdyns9W8Q5

Thanks
    Titus

titusraj
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

titusraj
    Participant

Will do over the weekend.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great, let me know what you find!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Size’ is closed to new replies.