Menu not appearing on calendar pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Menu not appearing on calendar pages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    zeke
    Participant

Searched a bit, but none of the solutions seemed to work for our situation. For some reason the top menu does not appear on either the “calendar” or “event list” views, but DOES appear when viewing a single event. In looking at the generated HTML, the opening tags of the menu are in place, but the rest is just missing. Any and all help is much appreciated – thanks! (I’ve tried all the different templates under >options but there is no difference in the behavior of the menu)

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Zeke,

Have you tried deactivating all other plugins and/or reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out a theme conflict?

– Jonah

zeke
    Participant

Hi Jonah-
    Well, pretty convinced that it’s a theme conflict-although I’m a little stuck as to what needs to happen next. (I’m guessing that you’ll send me a link to some documentation about “theme conflicts” 🙂
    The help is much appreciated

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Zeke,

If you send me a copy of your theme I can take a look. No guarantees I can get it working but I’ll try. Please email to pro [at] tri [dot] be and reference this thread and attn. to me.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Zeke,

I installed the theme and I’m seeing the menu just fine on the calendar page and other event related pages: http://cl.ly/image/070o0b3z3z04

Perhaps there is a plugin conflict? Have you tried deactivating all other plugins?

– Jonah

zeke
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Thanks for taking a whack at this. Actually, that’s not the correct menu-if you look at the website, it will appear in the opaque black bar in the header (below the one in your screen shot). With this theme, one sets up a custom menu under >appearances>menus and that’s what we use here instead of the default WP one. It still works everywhere on the site, including the individual event pages, just not the main calendar and events list page. I’ll try disabling plugins to see where there a conflict might be though

zeke
    Participant

Well, went through and deactivated all the plugins and no love – still no menu on the calendar/events list page

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Zeke,

Ok I see what you’re talking about now. Although I’m still seeing it show for me… Just to clarify, this is using the WooThemes Custom Navigation system correct? You know that’s an outdated system for managing menu’s right? WooThemes recommends using the WP 3.0 menu management now. That could be part of the problem. Have you tried this with the WP 3.0 menu system?

– Jonah

zeke
    Participant

Jonah – well, the theme was downloaded from Woo less than a month ago – so I’d assume that they are utilizing the 3.0 menu management by now – yes? I’m guessing that I mispoke by using the term “custom”. Simply went in, created a new menu and added pages – nothing more complicated than that. I appreciate your patience in sticking with this – kind of a loss as to what else I can try. Seems strange that the opening/closing tags are there, but just not populated:

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Zeke,

I checked things again, this time just using the WP 3.0 custom menus and I’m seeing the menu in all cases on all pages regardless of what template option I have set in Events > Settings > Template. Since you’ve tried deactivating all other plugins, the only other thing I can think of is something in the WooTheme settings. Have you tried changing anything there? Have you tried starting over with a fresh copy of the theme or resetting the settings?

– Jonah

Heather
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. Just upgraded to Pro and the new calendar appears to be nested in the text areas of an event, rather than as a stand-alone page. It’s here: http://www.lightsourcehealing.org/events/. I’m quite new at this so please speak slowly.
    Thanks,
    Heather

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

I’m not seeing what the problem is on your website. Can you please provide a little more detail?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Heather
    Participant

Sure, before I got the Pro version the calendar was on a page unto itself. I had no editing capability save adding events, so I set things up accordingly. Then I upgraded so I could duplicate events rather than recreating all the time, and somehow the full page calendar went missing and where it was is a page with a video in the slider, a sidebar and the calendar crammed in below. It’s calling itself “Event” rather than “Page.” I’d like it back the other way. Then I’d love to hear how to duplicate events, as “recurring” doesn’t seem to allow me to pick a date and hold a past event over again unless it’s on a regular schedule. My events aren’t regularly scheduled.
    Thanks!

Heather
    Participant

OK, the layout issue got resolved with the help of a WP pro. The duplication thing is still an issue. I read something in here about another plugin. Know anything about that?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Heather,

We only have the recurring options you see available. We are thinking about adding some more custom non-regularly scheduled recurring events, but I have no idea when and if this will actually be added.

Outside of that your only option is to use something like http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/duplicate-post/ or some other 3rd party plugin to duplicate your events.

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu not appearing on calendar pages’ is closed to new replies.