Memory issues when using

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Memory issues when using

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    southwarkcyclists
    Participant

This version of the Event Calendar Pro crashes our web sites when activated.
    I’ve set the site to have (in php.ini)
    memory_limit = 128M
    upload_max_filesize = 10M
    Does that look like enough?

Barry

It’s hard for us to answer questions like this – simply because we don’t know what else is running in your hosting environment or how it is configured and also because the memory limit is a limit, rather than a guarantee of how much memory will actually be available.

Can you provide any more information as to what you are experiencing when the site ‘crashes’? Is it simply the so-called white screen of death, for example, or are you seeing a fatal error message or anything of that order?

Thanks!

southwarkcyclists
    Participant

Thanks – a fatal error –
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /data02/c7824035/public_html/wp-content/themes/extranews/admin/options-backup.php on line 98

Barry

OK, so it sounds like you may simply be exceeding the available memory. In the first instance can you investigate increasing that (seeking the advice of your web host if necessary)?

Thanks!

southwarkcyclists
    Participant

We have increased memory to the max on the existing hosting package already as set out above.

Does this mean your widget uses lots of memory? How much memory does it need when running by itself?

Barry

How much memory does it need when running by itself?

I can’t really give you an answer to that – not a helpful one at least – there are simply too many factors to consider. What I’d highlight though is that the default for the memory_limit setting in current versions of the PHP runtime is 128M. While I appreciate you feel this has already been configured that doesn’t seem to be the case:

Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted

That equates to 32M, not 128M. WordPress itself may go on to set its own limit of 48M, which is also above the value in your error, so I have a feeling that either a mistake has been made within your configuration or, depending on the sort of hosting plan/environment you are using, this is simply a cap imposed by the service provider.

Is that a possibility?

southwarkcyclists
    Participant

Barry,
    I am not the original poster here, is it relevant that WP is hosted by one provider and that the domain name is pointed here.
    Can the way that this is set up affect the way calendar works.
    Thanks

Barry

Hi! No – the only thing that really matters here is the actual hosting environment – having your domain registered with a different service provider than hosts the site itself will not impact on this.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Memory issues when using’ is closed to new replies.