MemberwingX plugin – ECP widget: There are no upcoming events at this time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO MemberwingX plugin – ECP widget: There are no upcoming events at this time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve stumbled across a problem with a site after upgrading from v 1.3 of ECP to the most recent. The site has always had ECP and MemberWingX plugins installed and getting along together nicely.

After the recent upgrade I’ve found the Events List Advanced Widget shows ‘There are no upcoming events at this time.’ and if I tick the don’t show widget option if no events it does just that. Also the calendar of events widget shows no events.

I’ve found disabling the plugins one by one it’s MemberWingX causing the problem. But annoyingly this plugin is integral to the membership function of the site. For some reason Memberwing must be seeing the Events as members content and not showing it. If I login as admin and view the site the widgets work as intended. Which is how MemberWingX works.

I’ve tried looking at MemberWingX settings to see if I can fix it but no settings effect the problem. Normally MWX works by adding a tag to the content of a post/page to indicate where protected members content is. This never prevents a non member from seeing the post/page in the site structure or when viewing the post/page. It just brings up a panel mid post saying ‘the rest of this content is for members only. Log in here or Join.’

So I’ve got no idea how to resolve this conflict. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand this is a conflict with another 3rd party plugin and may be outside of ECP support. I’ll try posting on MWX support as well in case they can help.

http://www.memberwing.com/

Thanks,
    Nick.

Rob

Hi there Nick. Thanks for the explanation; the code base changed a lot between the 1.x releases and the launch of 2.0 so it’s definitely possible. No guarantees since it is a third party plugin, but l wonder if one of our devs could take a look at the code and easily identify what changed between the releases that could have caused that, and if you can disable it. I’ll get one of them to comment here directly if so.

In the interim, if the devs of MWX want a copy of the plugin to take a look at the code I’d be happy to send it their way.

Nick
    Participant

Hi, can you give any update on this issue?

I’m at the point where I’m going to have to revert to a backup of the site and use an old version of the plugin.

Thanks,
    Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘MemberwingX plugin – ECP widget: There are no upcoming events at this time’ is closed to new replies.