Membership Integration

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Membership Integration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brett

Hello,
    I have a couple of questions…

1. I have created a new website for the company I work at and I’m looking for an easy way to allow only logged in members to be able to book onto training courses.

We often use Wufoo forms for ease as this helps us limit entries and we are able to embed forms onto The Events Calendar courses and export the data when we need to. Is there a way I can show all of the courses, but only allow members to actually book onto these courses? I have installed Paid Membership Pro, also which doesn’t seem to give me that flexibility on first glance.

2. Some of our courses run for more than one day. We don’t want people to see after Day 1 on the calendar as people can only book from Day 1.

Is it possible to add something like the word ‘Starting’ before the date on only these courses so people know it’s not just a one day course?

Sorry if any of this is confusing, I’m pulling my hair out here trying to create a work around for a very tight deadline…!
    Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening Brett and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

1. I have created a new website for the company I work at and I’m looking for an easy way to allow only logged in members to be able to book onto training courses. Is there a way I can show all of the courses, but only allow members to actually book onto these courses?

That is totally feasible: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

You might also be interested in reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

2. Some of our courses run for more than one day. We don’t want people to see after Day 1 on the calendar as people can only book from Day 1.

We do have exactly that feature packaged with our Event Tickets Plus premium add-on via our end-sale date.

This would completely bypass your usage of Wufoo forms, but would be the simplest and easiest solution.

If you are curious, you will need the following combination of plugins and add-ons:

You will be able to:

• Register which members attend which events
    • Display that information in the event itself (should you want to)
    • Get full attendance report and check-ins via wp-admin (on-screen), a CSV export or by email
    • Provide membership discounts, you could use one of the third-party role-based discount plugins for WooCommerce out there.

This last point works since we hand over all of the transactional aspect of things to WooCommerce. Here is an example of such a plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-role-based-price/

Is it possible to add something like the word ‘Starting’ before the date on only these courses so people know it’s not just a one day course?

Yes, absolutely.

You can add any content you want to any event. Depending on the layout you are looking for, you might need to do some view customizations.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Brett

Wow thank you so much for the help, Geoff. These are some really useful links!

I’m having a slight issue with the ‘member only event’ part though… I want everyone who accesses our site to see the courses and description, but only members to be able to actually book… Is this a possibility?

While I’m here, is there a function where I can search for events outside of the actual ‘events’ page? For example, having a search bar on the homepage which then takes you to the events search results.

Anyway, sorry for the questions – thank you. I will keep at it!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Brett,

Thank you for writing back.

I want everyone who accesses our site to see the courses and description, but only members to be able to actually book… Is this a possibility?

Yes absolutely.

You can simply use the Require users to log in before they purchase tickets option from Events -> Settings -> Tickets (available upon the purchase of Event Tickets Plus).

While I’m here, is there a function where I can search for events outside of the actual ‘events’ page?

The answer is yes.

What you want to do is to extend basic WordPress search functionality to include custom post types such as events (tribe-events to be more precise).

This can be achieved via a plugin (e.g.: https://wordpress.org/plugins/eps-super-search/) or via the functions.php file of your WordPress theme(  https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wordpress-search-doesnt-search-custom-post-types )

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Membership Integration’ is closed to new replies.