Maximum Execution Time Exceeded?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Maximum Execution Time Exceeded?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

We currently have over 1,000 sales for an event and have noticed the site getting slower and slower. This same problem started happening for our last event but not quite as bad. We’ve been getting timed out errors just trying to switch from Attendees to Orders tab within the events.

We have updated all plugins
    We have updated wordpress

We disconnected the Events Tickets plugin and the site went back to normal speed. I guess the help questions are:

Can this plugin actually handle large events?

Is there anything additional we can do to keep the site running fast with this plugin?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear about this issue.

A lot of attendees indeed can have an impact on the load speed of the event page on the front-end and the attendees page. That is likely to happen with 1000+ attendees.

This is a performance related issue we know about and we have a bugticket for it, so our developers will take a look at this. Unfortunately at this time I cannot give you any set date when this will be fixed.

For the front-end a caching plugin might help or not showing the attendee list. You can find that setting when you edit an event and you click on the Settings button in the tickets box (screenshot).

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out which includes a fix for this issue.
    Find out more about it → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-april-2019/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Maximum Execution Time Exceeded?’ is closed to new replies.