Maps/Layout/Search Questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Maps/Layout/Search Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    blueduck
    Participant

1) Locations are added to events but maps don’t populate on individual event pages.

2) Since there doesn’t appear to be a shortcode that will let me embed this wherever I want, I added the on-page copy in “Add HTML before event content.” This works fine for the main page, but I don’t want that copy to also display on the event specific pages. Is there a way to do this?

3) Search by Near (the reason I upgraded) doesn’t do anything. Is this asking for a state, city, zip?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, blueduck. Great questions! 🙂

First, I’d like to ask if you had the opportunity to go through our recommended troubleshooting steps, including deactivating all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict and reverting to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Twelve (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict. This is important as often these are issues specific to your setup.

Also, in the future, please make separate threads for each issue so that we can more effectively help you in troubleshooting.

Thanks!

blueduck
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

I realized the map and search by location issues were from a conflict with Mapify Pro. I have deactivated it for now, though I’d like to find a way to get it working. What’s the standard way to correct conflicts like that between two different plugins?

Do you have answers to the other questions?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, blueduck. Thanks for your response.

That’s fantastic that you were about to figure out the conflict. Well done! Typically this is because the other plugins is enqueuing the Google Maps API where it shouldn’t. Basically, it’s worth getting in touch with the other plugin dev and asking them about it. If there’s something that they can point to that we’re doing against WP best practices, we’re happy to get that fixed right away.

#2 sounds like something that a template override would work best for. Between the Themer’s Guide and the Technical Docs, you should have all you need to make that happen. If you get stuck, feel free to hit us up, and we’ll do our best to get you pointed in the right direction.

#3 also sounds like a plugin or theme conflict, because it looks like none of the search functions are working correctly. I would try paring down to 2012 with only TEC and PRO and working up from there, seeing when it breaks.

Hope that helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Maps/Layout/Search Questions’ is closed to new replies.