Maps not showing?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Maps not showing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    doug
    Participant

When I try and open up a single event from our list here http://www.endtime.com/events/

The Google Maps are not showing up even though it’s enabled in the admin area.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Doug: Google Maps need to be enabled in two places, within the settings page at Events > Settings > General and from the event editor (Show Google Map checkbox) – can you confirm it is enabled in both places?

doug
    Participant

Interesting. I am seeing that I can select any options inside the edit page.

I’ve attached a couple of screenshots showing the problem.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Barry

So it looks like those meta boxes have collapsed (that’s a feature) – to expand them again click on the title bar or on the little arrow in the top right of each box (hover over it to see it).

doug
    Participant

They are expanded. That’s the thing.

Kinda weird. Nothing’s in the boxes.

Barry

Strange: I’d recommend running through our standard troubleshooting steps then, deactivating all other plugins and reverting to a default, unmodified theme – then see if the problem persists.

Please also ensure that your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date and in synch – that is, if you are using The Events Calendar 2.0.10 then you must also use Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10.

Let me know if that yields any results!

doug
    Participant

Everything is up to date and in synch.

As far as reverting back to a standard theme and disabling plugins, I’m not able to do that because this is a LIVE site. It’s strange because it’s worked before in the recent past but recently stopped working.

Barry

Can you recall any recent changes, plugin updates or new plugins that were installed?

Unfortunately if you can’t run through those troubleshooting steps that kind of limits what we can do to help here. If possible, create a staging or testing site and try to replicate and troubleshoot there 🙂

Barry

Hi Doug – do you need any further help here/have you been able to run through the suggested steps (even if that meant replicating it in a testing environment)?

David
    Participant

I’m running into the same problem on a Pro installation. Strange thing is that it’s on a WP that’s on the same server as another one with basically the same theme. I’ve switched the theme to Twenty Eleven and have started disabled the few other plugins installed. So far no joy. Two WP’s, same server, same version of EC Pro (2.0.10). One displays the google map right on the event, the other does not. Double-checked and made sure that the map option is enabled in both the general settings and also on the individual event.

David
    Participant

To confirm – I disabled all other plugins and switched to default Twenty Eleven theme and the problem still exists.

David
    Participant

Correction – I’m not having the same exact problem as doug is. While I do have the same problem of Google Map not showing up in the events, I’m not having a problem accessing the content in the expanded meta boxes – I can see everything like I’m supposed to in those areas.

Barry

Hi David – thanks for contacting us. If you don’t mind it would be appreciated if you created a new thread. You seem exclusively to be discussing the visibility of Google Maps whereas Doug is experiencing other issues with event post meta boxes.

If we jam all of your problems in to the same thread it could quickly become pretty confusing indeed.

Barry

Doug: how are you getting on here?

doug
    Participant

Sorry for the delay,
    I just got a call earlier from our events coordinator who works in the admin panel with Events Calendar Pro. She was letting me know there is now a fatal error on the edit page, and when she opens the boxes to edit information, nothing is showing. Is there any way we can get a Tri.be developer to look at our site? We’re running a live site and need this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for all the support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Maps not showing?’ is closed to new replies.