Map

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hello. Quick question. I’m wondering if it is possible to show more information than just the address when someone clicks on the pinpoint in the map screen? Right now all that I can get it to show is the event name and address (without city/state/etc…)

Here is an example.

http://events.worldgolfskills.com/events/

All the best,
    Paul

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Thanks for purchasing our plugins. I can help you out.

There is no feature to add more information to the pop up. It is control by a script.

It could be possible to modify the script.

We can help answer questions about that customization, but are unable to provide support on it.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Christoffer
    Participant

I came here with this exact same question.

Specifically, I want to add the date of the event and venue name to that pop-up. It’s a little silly that you can see the address but not the venue name (Quick! Off the top of your head, give me the address of the last pub you went to!).

I understand you say it’s in a script – where is this script? How can we modify it? If you could at least point me in the right direction, I’m not afraid to break some things in the spirit of learning.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Christoffer,

I can try to help get you going in the right direction.

Here is the location of the script:

events-calendar-pro\resources\tribe-events-ajax-maps.js

We use the minified version, but that is hard to read:

events-calendar-pro\resources\tribe-events-ajax-maps.min.js

This is the class that controls that view:

events-calendar-pro\lib\template-classes\map.php

And you can find all the templates in this folder:

events-calendar-pro\views\\pro\map\

And finally this is the file the registers the script:

events-calendar-pro\lib\tribe-pro-template-factory.class.php

We can try to help out on a couple questions beyond this, but for the most part customizations are beyond the support we can provide.

Thanks

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Do you think you might look into changing this across the board in the next update. I agree with Christoffer in regards to just providing the first portion of the address. I’ve had a number of calls on it already from our map.

Not sure if this would be an option, but I think it would be a great add that the entire community would benefit from. Just my thoughts for whatever they’re worth! 🙂

Christoffer
    Participant
    Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for making the suggestion. I agree it is a good idea and something that would add value to the map view. We are already set for the next release and going to behind QA on it. However, we can look to add it in in future versions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Map’ is closed to new replies.