Map Zoom level? I change it in the settings, but it doesn't change

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map Zoom level? I change it in the settings, but it doesn't change

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

Hey there,

My events are at http://www.parktrust.org/events and the zoom level in my event calendar settings doesn’t change the way the map looks.

Can you help me figure out why I can’t set the zoom level?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your question.

The setting for the Google Map zoom level only influences the map on the single event page. It will not have an effect on the Map View page which is listing upcoming events.

On the Map View page the map will try to automatically zoom to a level so all pins are visible on the map.

Hope this clarifies. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

Is there any way to adjust the zoom level on the main map view? I’ve got
    events all over the US, but want to zoom in just one more step so I don’t
    see the entire world map.

http://www.parktrust.org/events

Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

I appreciate that it automatically zooms. On our website, this just looks a bit off. When you zoom in just one level it all looks better.

Where would you point a developer if they were to customize the zoom level?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

I asked around about this. Here is what I got from a colleague:

yes: the zoom level is set on events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-ajax-maps.js line 131.

A custom plugin would be necessary to modify this js file.

You can use this extension as an example/starting point (with this extension you will just need to modify/customize the js/min.js files)

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Map Zoom level? I change it in the settings, but it doesn't change’ is closed to new replies.