Map View Tooltip Customization

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map View Tooltip Customization

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jessica Messervey
    Participant

Perhaps someone can help me because I have searched the internet extensively for an answer, but all of the threads and websites I have visited do not offer much insight or direction.

I am trying to alter the data that is shown within the Map View’s tooltip so that the the information shown is more relevant to the event (ie. Venue name, full venue address, event date, and event time). Rather than “Event: Event Name, Address: Street Address”.

I know that the infobox content is generated in tribe_events_ajax_maps.js, and that there is a tribe_events_ajax_response filter that is apparently supposed to help you customize the map view.. However there’s no useful documentation or examples anywhere on the web regarding that filter — just “You can probably use the tribe_events_ajax_response filter”.

I know customizations of this sort are not officially supported, but I don’t believe what I am trying to do is completely “out of the box” or so complex that someone is unable to offer assistance.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Cliff

Hi, Jessica.

Here’s a code snippet that I thought would work (assuming it would automatically render content in that array) but it doesn’t:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/0a7381fb1dfadd8e68644ce40ba9cc50

I’ve asked another team member to look over it, and I’ll let you know what we find out.

Cliff

I updated the gist code so please look at my last reply anew, and please let me know how this goes for you and if you have any follow-up questions/requests.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Map View Tooltip Customization’ is closed to new replies.