Map View not working (JS error)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map View not working (JS error)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Peter Hoppe
    Participant

Thanks George. Any luck yet?

George
    Participant

Hey Peter,

I’ve given things a bit of a closer look but unfortunately have yet to come up with a solution. We can only spend a limited amount of time on issues like this, and I’m sorry for the frustration, but I’d urge you to ask your theme developer if there’s a way they can limit their JS from affecting the entire Array prototype and offering a solution that only affects their theme code.

I’m sorry Peter. Anything I could think of doing from our end would mean some extensive core plugin code modification, which is a horrible idea as it means that if you update the code, you’ll lose your changes – unless you go piecemeal and backup each change, then re-add them once you update one by one…

Our Maps-related JavaScript doesn’t use anything fancy about the Array prototype or anything customized about it to run correctly, so if the theme’s JavaScript is then modifying it and leading to conflicts elsewhere, the ball is mostly in their court to limit the scope of their changes.

Thanks for your patience Peter.

Allison
    Participant

Any update? I am having the exact issue here: http://lunabeannation.com/demo8/events/map/

Peter Hoppe
    Participant

The theme developer ended up fixing the issue with a patch for the theme. Contact your theme author (looks like you’re using Avada through Themeforest).

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update here Peter! Based on your last reply here, I’ll go ahead and close up this issue, glad the theme author was able to find the problem and fix it promptly.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Map View not working (JS error)’ is closed to new replies.