Map View Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map View Not Working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    parkinsonsnetwork
    Participant

Our map view was working on imported data. I removed the imported test data and entered new venues, organizers and events. Now the map view doesn’t show any data and indicates there aren’t any events to list. List view shows the events and the google map link takes you to the address. I have been through the troubleshooting map view article without success. There is mention of a button to fix venue map issues but that button is not in the admin that I can find.

I would really appreciate some help. We are meeting with the client to go over things tomorrow and I’ve spend a couple of hours trying to figure out what’s going on.

parkinsonsnetwork
    Participant

I entered the Latitude and Longitude in a Venue and that worked. But, we can’t ask people to do that. I don’t know what the issue is as the address as entered works fine when you look at the map from the venue. But, when you are searching for an event in map view it doesn’t work. In one case, I got it to show up in the middle of the map in the ocean.

parkinsonsnetwork
    Participant

Since adding the Long/Lat for one of the venues (and then taking it out again) it is now able to see that venue on the map. But the other venue is not visible. I’m leaving that alone so you can see the issue. I will add a third venue as well and see if that shows up.

parkinsonsnetwork
    Participant

Continuing to research this. I have worked closely with WP Engine, our hosting environment and they were unable to find any issues on the server side. One thing I noticed is that when I click on the Use Long/Lat for the venue the Long/Lat is not being pulled in from the address. I manually entered that in for 1 venue and that is the only one that shows up. I am using an API Key from Google.

parkinsonsnetwork
    Participant

And, lastly, I used the import function to try and import some venues, but, like the ones I updated with the Long/Lat checked it is showing the map pins in the middle of the ocean on the equator. Initially, as I mentioned in the first post, the imported venues from the test import provided by Tribe all worked during testing.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

First, thanks for looking into this so thoroughly! You are correct – there is currently an issue where the latitude and longitude are not being saved when you create a venue, causing events with that venue to not display in map view. The good news is that the fix is being worked on and should be released soon. In the meantime, you should be able to get everything displaying correctly in map view by manually entering the latitude and longitude on the venue edit screen. It sounds like this has been working for you so far?

I know this is not ideal, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. As soon as we have an update, we will let you know here. I just checked on the internal ticket for this, and it looks like it should go out in the next maintenance release (I can’t guarantee this though).

If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

parkinsonsnetwork
    Participant

Thank you. Is there an ETA for the next Maintenance Release? This is a pretty major issue for us. We purchased the Community Add-IN and are trying to go live with a 100+ Organizers that will be adding Venues. We can’t expect them to be able to generate Long/Lat. The site is for people with Parkinsons, TBI and MS so the map is a bit integral to their ability to use the site…. Anything you can do to get that in the maintenance release would really be appreciated.

Nico

Hey,

Happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Map View Not Working’ is closed to new replies.