Map View and Photo View on the same page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Map View and Photo View on the same page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martino Stenta

Hi there,
    I’m willing to buy your pro version but I need to have an homepage with bot the map view (are the marker customizable?) and the photo view.

Is this possible?

Courtney

Hello Martino

Unfortunately, you can only use one shortcode on a page at a time.

You can add additional shortcode widgets instead to the page, but I’m afraid none are in map view either.

The markers of map view are set by the event venues.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks,
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Martino Stenta

Hi Courtney,
    thanks for the reply.

Well, the map view is something I need.
    Do you think I can fire up a normal wp_query for the events and get the layout I need?

Courtney

Hello Martino

The map view will display a list of upcoming events below that. Featured Images will display in this view as well. See http://wpshindig.com/events/map/ as an example.

Would you still want to custom code in the photo view layout below that as well?

If so, I’ll check with our developers for resources on that.

Thanks,
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Martino Stenta

Yep,
    I’ve seen the upcoming events under the map, it’s fine but I would really prefere to have some “cards-like” layout, as in the photo view. I’m able to query the content if needed. I’m going to hide a lot of thing anyway (filters, search and so on) since i just need the map and the events as stacked cards.

If there is a quick solution it’s way better ๐Ÿ™‚

Courtney

Hi Martino

It looks like the best way for you to achieve this will involve a fair amount of custom coding. You’ll want to check out the Themer’s Guide to create a custom template override.

Unfortunately, this level of customization is beyond theย scope of Supportย /ย Terms of service.

Just a word of caution before diving in, it does look like you’ll run into a fair amount of CSS styling as well with all this.

If you do work this out, we’d love to know and take a look.

Thanks,
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Map View and Photo View on the same page’ is closed to new replies.