Help Desk

Map is broken after updates

  • Posts: 6 Topics: 6
    | Permalink

    After running all updates (plugins and WP core), the map page is now broken. All settings are fine, tried both with and without Google API key enabled, and everything was working prior to updates. We have tried deactivating the theme and all other plugins, but the issue persists. Here is what is showing in console:

    tribe-events-ajax-maps.min.js?ver=4.4.19:1
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘max_lat’ of null

    How do we fix this, short of reverting to an earlier version?

    Posts: 2037 Topics: 1
    | Permalink

    Hey Jen,

    Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your calendar! Let me help you to solve this.

    To get started, could you please update The Events Calendar to version 4.6.7 and let me know if it helps you to solve the problem?

    Thanks!

    Patricia

    Posts: 6 Topics: 6
    | Permalink

    Hi Patricia,
    We ran the update you recommended, but it did not seem to resolve the issue. Specifically, we’re seeing the following “symptoms”:

    Map image not displaying
    New events (recurring) not populating in map view (though visible in other views)
    Pagination no longer functions

    Posts: 2037 Topics: 1
    | Permalink
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Posts: 6 Topics: 6
    | Permalink

    Hi Patricia,
    After searching through some of the other support threads, we opted to roll back to Events Calendar Pro 4.4.18, which actually resolved the issues. That’s probably what you’re seeing on the staging site. We’ll be holding off on running the update on our live site until we can be sure the map will continue to be functional. I’d be willing to run the update on staging again so we can troubleshoot the issue further if it might help inform future updates.

    Posts: 2037 Topics: 1
    | Permalink

    Hi Jen,

    Thanks for sharing this additional info! I’ve reviewed our internal bug report and we do have an issue associated with our Geo Location query that was updated/modified on version 4.4.19, this change initially caused a performance issue (high database usage), but apparently the js error you mentioned was caused by this change as well, I’m sorry I didn’t notice this before!

    I’m linking this thread to our internal bug report. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

    Thanks for your understanding and if you have any other questions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

    Best Regards,

    Patricia

    Posts: 6521 Topics: 10
    | Permalink

    Hi there,

    Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue :slightly_smiling_face:

    Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-january-2018/

    Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

    Posts: 7
    | Permalink

    Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

    Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

    | Permalink

The topic ‘Map is broken after updates’ is closed to new replies.