Map in email notification gives wrong address

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map in email notification gives wrong address

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Watt
    Participant

In the Book Now email notification the address of the venue is given. When I click on the address link it opens Mac Maps and gives a completely different address!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Sharon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to report something that could be a bug! Would you mind sharing a copy of that email? If you check the box “Set as private reply” in your response, then only I will be able to see it. From there I can click the link and investigate further.

Cheers!

– Brook

Sharon Watt
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

1. Thanks for this Sharon! Hate to ask something else, but any chance you could also share what the original Venue address was?

2. Also, does this happen regardless of venue? Or only certain venues?

3. Finally, can you list all plugins on your site?

Thanks!

Sharon Watt
    Participant

The original address is 375 Whakamarama Rd, as shown on the ticket, but when I click Open in Maps, it gives the address 375 Tauranga West Rd.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for all the info. I am looking into this to see if I can reproduce. It might be possible we can fix th is. It might also be a limitation of Google Maps. I will find out and let you know. Thanks again for sharing the details so we can test.

– Brook

Sharon Watt
    Participant

Have you been able to find out what the problem is?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Sharon,

I am sorry I forgot to get back to you. I did test it out. For me the address was the same in all places. It showed Whakamarama Rd in the little map on the event page. It showed the same place and road in When I clicked the Google Map link. And it showed the proper address on my ticket.

Are you still seeing an issue here? What happens if you fill out more information for the venue? The province and postal code for instance? Perhaps that will correct it on your site? I know it is working on mine without this info, but Google Maps does regionalize their results. So it is possible that since you are in a different country it will give you different result than I. Changing the inputs could fix this.

Does that help? I wish there was more that could be done. All of that processing is done by Google Maps. And on occasion there is an actual bug with their results, but its unfortuantely something we have no control over and can’t fix. 🙁

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Map in email notification gives wrong address’ is closed to new replies.