Many events on a day in month view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Many events on a day in month view

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bryancollege
    Participant

Is it possible to have the day table cell scrollable? I would like to have the cells be the same height, then let users scroll within that cell if necessary for days that have several events. I’ve seen this functionality in other calendar programs, I was just wondering if this was something that can be done with The Events Calendar.

bryancollege
    Participant

Or for example if we have a few events with long titles

Casey
    Participant

bryancollege,
    Thanks for getting in touch, and hopefully I can answer your questions here. You can modify how many events display per day in the ‘Display’ settings. Just go to ‘Events->Settings->Display’ and enter a number for the ‘Month View Events Per Day’ option (screenshot). In my environment, I’ve selected a max of 2 events to display, which results in the following: http://screencloud.net/v/hrmx.

Give that a try and see if it accomplishes what you’re looking for. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

bryancollege
    Participant

Thanks Casey,
    I noticed that option earlier, and have upped the number from 3 to 7, which should work most days. I was just wondering if it’s possible to set the td to a fixed height, and scroll within it if the content doesn’t fit in that fixed height container. This keeps from having some days that are much larger than others, and consequently, some weeks will be very tall while others aren’t. You can see an example of the scrolling I’m mentioning at http://www.bryan.edu/calendar. We are moving away from the calendar vendor you’ll find there, but that feature was one that we wanted to see about having present on The Events Calendar.

If this looks like something you guys could add or maybe provide me with a way to implement it, that’d be great. If not, it’s not a deal breaker, just a feature we’d like to have.

Casey
    Participant

Unfortunately that’s something that our plugin doesn’t support out of the box, but that’s not to say you couldn’t do something like this with some CSS customization if you feel comfortable. Our support team is limited, and therefore can’t help with larger customizations like this one, but you should be able set the TD to a fixed width/height with CSS and then add ‘overflow:scroll’ which will give you the scrolling ability you’re looking for.

I haven’t tested this, so I’m sure there will be some odd behavior, but that should at least get you started in the right direction if you’re looking to make this customization. Good luck!

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

bryancollege
    Participant

Hello Casey,

Thanks for the pointer – I’ll see what I can get cooking on this!

Casey
    Participant

Great! Since it looks like you’re all set here, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further questions.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Many events on a day in month view’ is closed to new replies.