Manually enter "Number of events to show" in Events List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Manually enter "Number of events to show" in Events List Widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cavesolvent
    Participant

(I’m using The Events Calendar v3.0.2 and PRO v3.0.4)
    As the title suggests, could we be allowed to manually enter the value? It’s strange to have a hard limit of 10.

I saw the solution here (https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/more-than-10-events-in-widget/) but it doesn’t work. Probably for an older version of the plugin?

Rob

Hey there cavesolvent. Thanks for the note here. I just checked out that snippet and it worked fine for me running the latest code (though it’s 3.0.3 and 3.0.5 by now, that shouldn’t make much difference). It’s worth nothing that this doesn’t impact the widget settings; you still will only see 1-10 as options in the dropdown. It will only show count as defined by that code on the frontend of the site.

Did you place it in your functions.php file? If so, can you confirm whether it works on Twenty Twelve as well? That’d allow us to see if this is a theme conflict and we can try to advise from there. Thanks!

cavesolvent
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback. And through the mysterious magic of the Internet, the code actually works now!

I understand if this is the only way to do it but it’s not ideal. I really would prefer a way to manually set the “Number of events to show” on the WP Admin widget page; it’s far more user friendly and offers finer control (the code seems to affect ALL instances of the widget)

Let me know if there’s another way to do this. Otherwise, I hope you guys will include this in a future release. Either way, thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the plugin!

Rob

Hey there cavesolvent. Thanks for confirming as much; glad to hear that got you sorted. This is admittedly about as deep a solution as we can offer in terms of a workaround. But that said: I don’t think this is an unreasonable request at all, and I’ve logged a ticket for us to evaluate either bumping up the widget count or simply making it a text field where people can enter any number they desire (the latter seems most flexible).

While we’re focused on bugs exclusively for the August release we’re working on now, once we get that out we’ll shift back to feature-related requests. As I don’t see this being a hard one to implement I suspect we’ll see it sooner rather than later. Apologies that I couldn’t offer you anything more substantive in the interim, though.

Let me know if we can do anything else and thanks again for your support/patience.

adelineyoga
    Participant

Hi, I just bought the service and having up to 10 events in the widget is a deal-breaker for me. Can you please give us an update in the timing for this upgrade, if it is happening? THANKS!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

By chance, have you tried using this snippet to get the widget to display the number of events that you need? I’ve tested it with the latest version and it appears to be working perfectly.

I checked on the ticket and it appears that it is still in the queue. Priority is given to feature requests based on their popularity and amount of demand. Unfortunately this feature has had little demand. If you would like, you can vote for this feature on our uservoice page.

For now I’m going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions or another response on this topic, please open a new ticket. This will ensure that we’re able to respond as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Manually enter "Number of events to show" in Events List Widget’ is closed to new replies.