Manually create/edit attendees

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Manually create/edit attendees

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi,
    we would need to know how to manually add a new attendee(via WP admin), as well as edit the existing attendees (for example, when the attendee calls that wants to change some data filled in). Can we get us some help as we could this happen?

Thanks for help

Geoff

Hey Peter and welcome to the forums! I hope you’ve been enjoying Event Tickets and Event Ticket Plus so far — thanks for using them. 🙂

Good question. Each ticket sale is an order, so you can actually go into the ecommerce system you are using with Event Tickets Plus (e.g. WooCommerce) and add a new order manually in there to create a new attendee in the system.

If someone already has a ticket and the information for that attendee needs to be update, the attendee can actually do that by logging into the site, visiting the event page and clicking the “View my tickets” link (screenshot). That link will take the attendee to a page where they can edit their information, including any custom fields you created for the ticket.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Peter
    Participant

thank you for answer. i have one more question. Is it possible so via RSVP or I have to use the ecommerce system? thanks

Geoff

Hey Peter, thanks for following up and happy Friday!

There’s totally no need for the ecommerce system for RSVPs, but you will need Event Tickets Plus for custom fields in the registration process. Without it, attendees can still update their own information, but only to change the RSVP from Going to Not Going. Event Tickets Plus will allow you to add more fields and for attendees to edit those fields that information if they need to.

It’s also worth noting that manually created RSVPs is a slightly different process. Since the order process for an RSVP happens completely on the front-end, you would need to complete the registration form for that person on the front end instead of the back end. In other words, there are no back-end options to manually create an RSVP attendee, but you can fake it by completing the form for them on the front end.

Does this clarify things a bit more?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Peter
    Participant

and how do I edit my information? When I click on View your RSVP’s, only reloading the event and I do not see options to edit. I have to do some special settings? well thank you

Geoff

Hi Peter and hope you had a great weekend!

There should be a link right above the ticket form on the front end of the site on a single event post. Once that link is clicked, it should take you to a screen that allows you to change your RSVP status.

Here’s a screencast of how that works. Are you seeing the same option on your events post?

Thanks,
    Geoff

Peter
    Participant

Yes, I understand that, but when I click on View my RSVP’s show me again just the same (View my RSVP’s) and not change the status of my RSVP. and i don’t know why…

Geoff

Hi Peter,

Would you be willing to go to Events > Settings > Help, copy the system System Information at the bottom of the screen and paste it here for me as a private reply? that will give me extra details about your installation to check for errors.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Peter
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks Peter! I’m not seeing anything wrong in the system information, so let’s see if there’s a possible conflict with the theme or perhaps another installed plugin.

Will you please follow the steps outlined in this post and let me know if you notice any different when the site is in default conditions — that is, a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Sixteen) is activated and not other plugins are active, except for Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus.

Also, would you be willing to set up a test event on your site when it’s in default conditions that I can use to RSVP for an event? That will give me something else to test as well.

Thanks for your help with this! This test should get us to a place where my test site and your site are in the same conditions and we can see where the issue is coming from.

Geoff

Geoff

I should note: it would be awesome if you could open your site up to being able to RSVP without logging in so I can test one of the existing events you have open. 🙂

Peter
    Participant

I switch theme to Twenty Fourteen and everything works. This is probably a conflict with the Avada Theme.

Peter
    Participant

Can you recommend any template you are having a good experience (for the Events Calendar, Event Tickets and Event Tickets plus)?

Geoff

Thanks for testing that out, Peter! I’m sorry to hear there’s a theme conflict, but I am also glad to know that the plugin is working smoothly on its own in a default environment.

I’ve worked with the Theme Fusion team (the authors of Avada) and they’re really great. I bet if you open a support thread in their forum they would be more than happy to check out the issue and look for a solution for you.

It’s tough to recommend theme because there are so many and we do most of our testing against standard WordPress themes. That said, I would suggest trying any theme with both the free versions of The Events Calendar and Event Tickets — if the theme works with those, then it is likely they will work very well with Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus as well.

I’ll leave this thread open in the meantime in case any other questions about the issue come up that we can help answer. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Manually create/edit attendees’ is closed to new replies.