Manually added orders not adding users to attendee list

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Manually added orders not adding users to attendee list

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    david bergeron
    Participant

When creating a new order from the Woocommerce admin, the user is not added to the attendee list upon order completion. I checked the forum here and it seems this used to work at some point?

Also when selecting products from the backend in Woocommerce there is no way to select a specific date of the event (for example if its a reoccurring event)

Thanks so much for your help.

Cliff

Hi, David.

In our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your additional questions from this thread. Thanks for your understanding, and I’ll answer only your first question:

Could you please specify what you mean when you say “new order from the WooCommerce admin”?

The only way tickets should be purchased is via the single event view of each event. Are you doing something different than that?

If you share an annotated screenshot or video screen capture, it might help communicate what you’re seeing and what exactly the issue is.

david bergeron
    Participant

In the back-end if you go to Woocommerce -> orders -> press “add order” at the top and create a new order with a ticket for a specific event.

Cliff

Gotcha.

Our developers researched this about a year ago and here are some of their notes:

1)

The WooCommerce philosophy is manual orders or manual changes to orders require manual stock adjustment – so it will not automatically subtract that unit from the available inventory

2)

This appears to be intended WooCommerce functionality when manually completing WooCommerce orders. WooCommerce does have a way you can manipulate stock after manually completing an order, though. Steps are:

1. Manually complete order
    2. Click the View icon (the eyeball) on the Order
    3. Scroll down to “Order Items” and check the box next to the item that was purchased.
    4. At the bottom left of the “Order Items” meta box is a drop down. Select “Reduce line item stock” and click the little circle button.

Reference woo ticket: https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/5117 (roykho is a Woo dev)

We could possibly hook into WooCommerce and change things around, but I think that may be overstepping what we can/should do with a 3rd party plugin’s behavior.

===

If you want everything to work as normal for your checkout, it’s advisable to have you complete the checkout form for the user as if they were completing it themselves.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Cliff

To be clear regarding my previous comment, the developers were researching WooCommerce / Tickets stock counts.

Attendee Meta functionality was added since then but my recommendation to submit orders via the single events page still stands.

And regarding tickets for recurring events, no there is no way to pick a specific date because our ticketing plugins do not support PRO’s recurring events functionality.

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets — Please do add your vote.

One workaround idea is to create all your recurring events, break them all from the recurrence series (so they become single/standalone events) and then add tickets to each single/standalone event.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Manually added orders not adding users to attendee list’ is closed to new replies.