Manually add attendees with WooTickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Manually add attendees with WooTickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ppr588hay
    Participant

Hi, might be something I missed in the backend but Im having a hard time finding where to manually add attendees in the backend by our Event Admin. We have a number of attendees that send in fax registrations and we need to manually add them to the list of attendees. How can we go about doing that?

ppr588hay
    Participant

I also cant seem to find any left menu item like – “Attendees” or “Tickets” – in fact any kind of indication that I can manage any of these things. How do I see how many tickets have sold per event? Or manage the attendees?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the frustration, but I can help you out.

The attendees information in the backend is accessed from the Event Posting List and each event has its own attendees page.

Go to Events then on the list hover over an Event you want to look at and click on Attendees that appears below the title. That will take you to the page to show the list of tickets from order set to status completed for that event.

Because the plugin is apart of WooCommerce the only way to add tickets is through the Front End Ordering Process or through the WooCommerce Add Order in the backend as that is what is managing the process.

For more information on WooCommerce Tickets, please take a look at the New User Primer.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/wootickets-new-user-primer/

Thanks

ppr588hay
    Participant

I dont think your product is a fit for our purpose. It seems to bypass the woo templating engine, thereby removing the benefit of using a woo based system with product add-ons, upsells, cross-sells or any other features – while at the same time failing to add enough features to warrant bypassing the woo system. I dont see any benefit in using it, we may as well use Woo to create a Product for each Ticket and regain the benefits of the cart. I don’t really see what your product actually does? It doesnt support dynammic pricing, doesn’t pass multiple registration details, and doesn’t hook in to the woo framework so that these features can be added through woo plugins? Why create a wooticket system that bypasses the features of woo? It looks like all it does is pass a price variable with a description to the cart? But in the backend a ‘ticket’ isn’t a registered ‘Product’ so manually creating an Order fails to recognise a ‘Ticket’ as an option.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am sorry you feel the product does not do what you would like it to do. I think it is pretty clear on the product page what its features are and it is designed to sell tickets on The Events Calendar Events Pages something that WooCommerce does not do out of the box. If you would like a refund as you feel another solutions fits what you would like better please email us at pro(at)tri.be

Thanks

Motorco
    Participant

The woocommerce back end does not allow an email address for manual “guest” orders. So there is no out of the box way to manually add offline orders.

Motorco
    Participant

Oops – I edited that into confusion. What I meant was that the logic is different so that the email.php is not called in the same way. It seems to just render the email as a page when you “Save” the order. No email is sent.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok that is good to know. Thanks for that information.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Manually add attendees with WooTickets’ is closed to new replies.