Managing notifications and GDPR

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Managing notifications and GDPR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this in the Calendar pro forum or the booking tickets forum. Basically I am enquiring about how the user manages their notifications for reminders of events. Can they turn off reminders or how does a user manage this? From a GDPR point of view I need to make sure users can manage their notifications.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi James!

Thanks for getting in touch!

Event Tickets nor Events Calendar PRO has a feature that sends reminder notifications for events. The only email that is sent to the users for an even is when they RSVP or purchase a ticket for an event they receive a confirmation/ticket.

Perhaps you have a custom functionality that sends users a reminder email notification?

Let me know if I’m missing something.

Best,
    Victor

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Victor, ah ok, sorry, I assumed their were reminders that were sent out to users before their event takes place. So right now no functionality exists for reminders at all on Events calendar Pro if I understand this correctly. Is there any work around for this as this would be a major limitation for me due to so many people chopping and changing their schedules for events. Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Unfortunately, there is no easy workaround for this as it would be a new functionality. However, you could certainly achieve that with some custom coding.

We do have a feature request with many votes already in our user voice > https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/8391186-reminder-emails-for-x-days-before-event so I recommend you add yours too.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Managing notifications and GDPR’ is closed to new replies.