Management of tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Management of tickets

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

Hi, I have noticed that when I create a new events and ticket. The ticket element of this also gets stored in the ‘Products’ are of WooCommerce. However, I have noticed that if I delete the event at some point; the ticket information stays put in the Products list. Is this too be expected ? and means I would have to go into Products to delete those tickets too if required.

not a criticism btw.. just want to be clear

best

Geoff

Hey John and welcome back!

That’s super strange! I just tried deleting a ticket in the Products area of WooCommerce and it also deleted from the event that the ticket was attached to.

Is it possible that the ticket you deleted was for a different event? One way to make sure is to add a SKU to the ticket when creating it so you can match it up in the Products area when deleting just to be sure.

And, if that’s not the case, then do you maybe have any caching turned out?Seems like something is holding onto that data and not releasing it as it should.

Worst case, is someone still able to purchase that ticket on the front end once you’ve deleted it from WooCommerce? If so, I would suggest deleting it from the event instead.

Thanks!
    Geoff

John Paul
    Participant

Hi Geoff,,

my issue was the other way around 😉

i deleted the event post , but the tickets were still left in Products and I did cross check the SKUs

Geoff

Ah, gotcha — thanks for clarifying!

Still the same result on my end: I delete the ticket from the event editor and it also is deleted from Products.

I’d be happy to look over your system information if you want to share here in a private reply.

Thanks!
    Geoff

John Paul
    Participant

Ok, before we do that. Can I ask . Did you delete the whole Event Post? not just the ticket section of the Event Post. i.e go to Events Post , select one and delete the entire post.

best

Geoff

Hey John,

You’re right: I had not deleted the entire post, but just the ticket itself. And, when I do delete the post, the ticket stays in Products.

I checked that out and it is expected behavior. By deleting the post, we want to keep the ticket in tact to ensure you still have your sales reports, should you need them.

Cheers!
    Geoff

John Paul
    Participant

Great! good to know.. makes sense..but thought I would check

thanks for the great support !!

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks so much for sticking with me while we checked that out together — I honestly wasn’t aware of that either until you asked and I talked it over with others. 🙂

Thanks!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Management of tickets’ is closed to new replies.