Making users pay to load events and other questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Making users pay to load events and other questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yoni
    Participant

Hi

As fas as I can tell it seems that community events does not have the feature to make users pay to load events. Is this a feature that you think a decent developer can customise?

Secondly, I see in the promo video that when a user adds an event using community events, they get to choose the orgnanisors from a list of pre-existing organisors. What if I want to allow the user to create an “organisor” and thereafter all events he adds are assigned as the organisor. To illustrate by example, lets say my user is the owner of “Long Beach Yoga Studio”. When she creates an event she has to create an account and she can specifify that her account represents Long Beach Yoga Studio. Thereafter all of her events are assigned to Long Beach Yoga Studio. She cannot assign other organisors to her events.. Is this possible with your plugin, either out-the-box or with some customization?

Thanks

Yoni

Geoff

Hi Yoni,

Is it safe to assume you’re writing in from Long Beach, CA? If so, howdy neighbor. ๐Ÿ™‚

You’re absolutely correct: Community Events does not allow you to charge for event submissions. It is certainly something that we are interested in doing down the road, but have not set it on our roadmap. It certainly could be something a decent developer can accomplish, but I imagine it will require a lot of custom development — at least, that’s what we’ve realized in our early planning for it.

What if I want to allow the user to create an โ€œorganisorโ€ and thereafter all events he adds are assigned as the organisor.

Yes, Community Events does indeed allow folks to create an organizer for a submitted event. What it does not support, however, is making that organizer the default for when that specific person submits future events to the calendar. That organizer will be saved though and available to use for future events.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Yoni
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Thanks for the lightening fast reply. Your assumption is mistaken (unfortunately for me). I am not in Long Beach CA but I just made up a generic example because had I named my fictional yoga studio after a local suburb in Johannesburg South Africa it would have made no sense to most people ๐Ÿ™‚

What it does not support, however, is making that organizer the default for when that specific person submits future events to the calendar.

I dont mind if the organisor is not default for when that specific person submits in future. But I would like for that specific person to NOT be able to assign other organisors. The owner of Long Beach Yoga Studio should not be able to assign Beverly Hills Yoga Studio to her events.
    And the owner of Beverely Hills Yoga Studio should not be able to assign Long Beach Yoga Studio as the orgnanisor of his events.

Is my requirement supported? And if not, presumably a decent dev can configure it to work that way?

Geoff

Ha! I love that your fictional example just happened to be in my backyard. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks so much for the clarification — that makes a lot of sense.

Community Events is unfortunately unable to prevent visitors from using saved Organizers when submitting events. You can set a default Organizer to be displayed (which requires Events Calendar PRO to also be installed), but all of the saved Organizers from previous submissions would still be available to use in those submissions.

So sorry for the bad news there, but does that at least shed some light on how the Community Events submissions work with organizers? Let me know if you have additional questions and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Making users pay to load events and other questions’ is closed to new replies.