Making the my Calendar and Event List Fit –

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Making the my Calendar and Event List Fit –

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Montana

Hi There –
    We connected on Twitter just a second ago – @MontanaSnell – So I have a few issues –
    Firstly, the calendar and calendar title are not formatting well with my website – http://www.avantiwomen.com/events/
    I would like to scale the calendar to fit within my websites border and also change the Calendar Title (font and colour) as well as move it over.
    I am not a webmaster, however I understand basic HTML and can usually find things when given good instructions.

Also, when importing my events from eventbrite – they are coming up still in code – please see: http://www.avantiwomen.com/event/managing-stress-and-emotions-in-the-workplace/

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have a tight deadline to get these events up, running and looking nice.

Montana Snell

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Montana,

To help you with the calendar fitting, first try changing your Events Template setting in Settings > The Events Calendar > Template to something other than what is there now.

As for the import issue, it sort of looks like you have code for the event content that came over from Eventbrite that was pasted in from something like MS Word. Is this the case? It might be easiest if you provided me with WP admin and Eventbrite access so I could take a look at your setup and this specific event and see what I can find. Please email access to jonah [at] tri [dot] and be sure to include a link referencing this thread so I know what the email is for.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Montana

I sent my log-in information to [email protected] – is that the correct address? I didn’t want to post my information here – let me know and I can forward to the correct address –

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Montana,

I logged into the Eventbrite account and it looks like you’ve got the same code for the event content in your events there. The import will not clean that up so you need to have it cleaned up on the Eventbrite side before you import.

Have you tried this?

– Jonah

Montana

Hi Yes, I did notice that today. I entered the text into eventbrite just regularly (not in HTML). I feel as though when the import happens – its changing it to that weird code. So what I have done now is go into the editor in Eventbrite – view in HTML – copy that and paste it directly in WP so.. not the best option, having to still do everything manually. But it’s okay for now – hopefully something will come up in the near future that will fix whatever the problem is.

Another issue I am seeing is Events repeating eachother. See http://www.avantiwomen.com/events/2012-06/

Thoughts?

Rob

Hey Montana: thanks for the heads up on the HTML issue. Would you do me a favor and paste that into a pastie.org link, so I can use it in testing myself and have the dev do the same? That’d help us reach a resolution for this quickest, I think.

Re: the events repeating each other. That does look like a legitimate bug and I’d like to help try and get it resolved; but would you mind opening that in a new thread so it’s tracked as a separate issue that I can bring a dev into from there? Thanks in advance!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Making the my Calendar and Event List Fit –’ is closed to new replies.