Making the Google maps link on by default

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Making the Google maps link on by default

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shane
    Participant

Sometimes the person doing the data entry will forget to check the “add google maps link” checkbox when inputing an event. And/or when importing using the event aggregator, their is not an option to have this box checked.

On our mobile site this is extremely important as it opens up Google maps for instant navigation.

Is there a way to have it on by default or maybe a toggle switch for it?

Trisha

Hi, Shane!

Thanks for reaching out! I can definitely help with this 🙂

Place the following code at the bottom of your theme’s functions.php file:

/**
    * Causes calendar to always show Google Map and Link, regardless of individual event settings
    */
    add_filter( 'tribe_show_google_map_link', '__return_true' );

This should do the trick! If you have any other questions please reach out, I’m happy to help!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Shane
    Participant

I’m sorry, but that did not work.

Shane
    Participant

I need to revise my response, on only a certain few it does not work. Not sure why, but I’ll just roll with it. Here’s a link to the page where it does not work >>

https://westerlylife.com/event/foraged-of-the-earth-dinner/

Thanks.

Trisha

Hello, Shane!

Thanks for the reply and sorry that didn’t work as expected. I am glad, however, that it mostly worked 🙂

Can you think of anything different about the links that it didn’t work on? If not no worries, I’ll make a note of it and keep my ears open.

Let me know if you need anything else, I’m happy to help!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Making the Google maps link on by default’ is closed to new replies.