Making 'Related Events' More related.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Making 'Related Events' More related.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Guy
    Participant

Hi,

I am sorry if this has already been answered or if there is an obvious fix. I had a quick google and didnt find anything similar to help.

Basically my aim is that the related events at the bottom will only show events of the same category. Is this possible?

Our client is a charity hospice and they want each category to be completely separate as obviously there could be some serious overlap in different types of events.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Ray,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on our support forum.

There are a few possibilities, all of them will require you to have a bit of development knowledge. I will point you below to the one I found works best.

Our current code allows you to filter which are the WP_Query arguments that you use to grab the related posts, you will need to hook to tribe_related_posts_args.

You will need to take a look at the Codex page about WP_Query to be able to do what you want, check the section about tax_query

Guy
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry is there any chance you could explain this a bit further?

Thanks

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Sorry Ray,

What is your question about the explanation, would you like me to elaborate on which part?

You will need to know the WordPress structure for Hooks and Filters to be able to understand how to do it.

My Best Regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Making 'Related Events' More related.’ is closed to new replies.