making Organizer field required in event submission

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO making Organizer field required in event submission

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m using an anonymous entry for calendar event submissions, and I’d like to require the Organizer field instead of having it optional. Many users just forget that piece, in spite of my explicit instructions to the contrary. :=)

I did find the article in the knowledgebase on requiring fields for each option of the submission form, but I’d like to make the option itself required.

Thanks!

-Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

You can add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file in order to make the Organizer field required.  This snippet makes the Organizer name, email, and phone number required, so you can alter it to suit your needs.

https://gist.github.com/nefeline/78246d43adcd1b90a31eafb5a5e17cbe

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

That’s great, thanks Jaime! I’ll give it a try and let you know if I have any questions.

-Joseph

Great, let me know how it goes!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘making Organizer field required in event submission’ is closed to new replies.