Making Additional Fields items available to the CSV Import Function

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Making Additional Fields items available to the CSV Import Function

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gregg
    Participant

Hi – I’m using the Events Calendar Pro (paid) version of the plugin. We are building a site for a client that has a lot of extra items on their events, and are able to set these up in the calendar in the “Additional Fields” section. Now, is there any way to make these Additional Fields that get we have set up available during the CSV import? Our client has a large Access db that they update many times a month, and they need to be able to import this to display these dates on their site. Manually imputting each of these events is not feasible, there’s hundreds of them – so they have to be done thru an import.

Geoff

Hey there, Gregg!

That’s a great question but, I’m afraid getting that to work would amount to modifying the plugin’s core code, which is something we wouldn’t recommend.

The code in question can be found here if it’s something you want to look deeper into: /the-events/calendar/lib/io/csv.

I see that this is a fairly popular feature requestย and that there is a ticket in our system to look at this closer. It would be great for you to add your vote here so we continue to see the demand for something like this.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hello Gregg! This thread’s been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have any questions and we’d be happy to help you there. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Making Additional Fields items available to the CSV Import Function’ is closed to new replies.