Make the calendar buddypress compatible

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Make the calendar buddypress compatible

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Varun Dubey
    Participant

Hello,

I need help to display the event calendar inside the group having the events display to group specific so is there any way to override the slug of the calendar view page with the group slug in starting or there can be any shortcode or there is any function which can be used to display the calendar in the group tab screen. This will help me in creating the extension plugin for buddypress.

Regards
    Varun Dubey

Geoff

Hello Varun–thanks for getting in touch!

Good question. We do have a shortcode available that could work out in this case. If you’re looking for more options, I’d suggest checking out Event Rocket, which adds a number of additional shortcodes for the calendar.

Will that work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Varun Dubey
    Participant

Hello Geoff

I have checked mini calendar shortcode but I don’t want that calendar as it have very less functionality in it I want full calendar display having filter bar which is in “the events calendar” plugin to be added in the buddypress group. If you can provide any coding approach to make this functionality then tell me that or some way to use full calendar display functions related to html generation,js,css used so that I can call them in the buddypress group screen.

Regards
    Varun Dubey

Geoff

Hi Varun,

That’s an excellent question. At the same time, I’m afraid this would require a level of custom development that we aren’t able to support here in the forums. I do see that there is a feature request for better BuddyPress integration–I’d suggest adding your vote, which will provide notifications as updates are available.

I also came across this article that outlines how someone was able to add the Filter Bar to a site’s homepage–perhaps this would be a nice starting point for integrating it into a BuddyPress group template.

Lastly, I was also able to find this thread that provides a list of the scripts to enqueue for the calendar.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete answer for you here, but I do hope this helps at least get you started in the right direction. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Varun Dubey
    Participant

I am doing all custom development , and making plugin compatible for the buddypress, that feature voting is pending from last 2 years (April 10, 2013).

I have included add event, list event, add location with group id parameters , I am attending features, permission of event view on the basis of group member role, approx 90% work is done.

Only calendar as tab inside the group is left which have to list only those event which belong to that particular group.

The way calendar generation codes is written those are very complicated and the views which are generated on the basis of calling action for day ,week etc that are making scope little bit harder to bundle them in a shortcode or as screen function.

I am trying to write all the calendar codes again to hook inside the group as screen call.

If you can help for calendar, i need some bunch for codes to display the calendar in month view minimum.

Regards
    Varun Dubey
    Wbcom Designs

Geoff

Hi Varun,

Shoot, I don’t think there is a whole lot we can do here to help with this sort of customization. It sounds like more involvement than we can support here in the forums.

I definitely wish there was more flexibility in how the calendar views can be used outside of their normal context. We are looking into expanding the use cases for shortcodes, but I’m afraid that’s also down the road.

Even though I don’t have a solution for you here, I’d love to get more feedback from you on how you would put shortcodes. I totally understand if you don’t have the time for that level of feedback, but if you do, you can leave it here and we will use it as we start working on it. That would be super helpful and appreciated.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey Varun! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to open a new thread if you still have any questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Make the calendar buddypress compatible’ is closed to new replies.