Make sure no order email is sent from woocommerce when the ticket is free?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Make sure no order email is sent from woocommerce when the ticket is free?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, my event tickets will be FREE and therefore I do not want an order email going to the event attendee from woocommerce when this free ticket is ordered. I only need the ticket email being sent with QR code but not the default woocommerce order email.

Thanks in advance
    James

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

Our Events Ticket plugin only sends out the ticket email. The order email is happening in the realm of WooCommerce. I see they have a way to disable the order confirmation email, but it is an all-or-nothing thing. There may be a hook within WooCommerce that you would be able to check the price in before sending the email, but I’m not exactly where that would be. You would need to reach out to WooCommerce support to find out how to do that.

From our end, I can suggest using an RSVP instead of a ticket for free events. This doesn’t go through WooCommerce, and would only send them their RSVP confirmation.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks for the response Sky I appreciate that. So if I use the RSVP instead of ticket – does the end use still get the bar code email where I can check their attendance in at the event etc?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Yes, that is correct. As long as you have Events Tickets Plus enabled.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Make sure no order email is sent from woocommerce when the ticket is free?’ is closed to new replies.