Make same post/event be recurrsive on the same day of the week for a month

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Make same post/event be recurrsive on the same day of the week for a month

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mariano

Hi,

i noticed that with your calendar che recurring events are possible to create, but i have a more specific question.

I would like that the first post i create (not a copy of it) to be repeated on the same day of the week for a month or more. The event doesn’t have to be connected by the date of the event but by the day of it (Mon, Tue, Wed etc). I noticed from this link http://wpshindig.com/event/paramatta-wordpress-meetup/all/ that you create copies of the event every month. I’d like that the same event to be repeated for a certain period of time and not have same post/event duplicated.

Can this be possible??

Thanks!
    Mariano

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Mariano,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question. Let me answer that for you.

Theoretically it is the same event repeating based on the recurrence rules that you set up.

In reality it is a copy of the original event.

The process is the following:

1. You create the first event (parent event), add the title, description, date, time, location, etc.

2. You set up your recurrence rules, e.g. repeat once a week on Mondays and stop after 10 occasions

3. When you hit the ‘Save’ button, then your parent event is saved and all the recurring events are created based on the parent event, basically copies are made on the different dates.

You can then modify the series through the parent event. Whatever changes you make to the parent, that will be done do the recurrences as well.

You also have the option to break up the series, so you will be able to edit the events individually.

I do hope this clarifies. If you have any further questions, please, let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Make same post/event be recurrsive on the same day of the week for a month’ is closed to new replies.