Make mini calendar widget dates clickable

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Make mini calendar widget dates clickable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

In an attempt to make the mini calendar’s dates clickable, I copied the following code from the main calendar (line 100 of table.php) to the mini-calendar widget (line 124 of table-mini.php) : http://pastebin.com/SxxX2ckA

The dates on the widget calendar are now clickable, but they all lead to ‘Jan 1, 1970’ i.e. ‘mysite.com/events/1970-01-01’.

What else do I need to insert into table-mini.php in order to get the correct dates?

Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Tony,

Try this instead: https://gist.github.com/2293961

– Jonah

Tony
    Participant

Jonah, that’s perfect! Thanks!

Tony
    Participant

Actually, I just noticed it is linking to the correct date and year but the month is ahead so July 6, 2012 when clicked leads to August 6, 2012…

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Tony,

I’m not sure why that would be, it works fine for me. Could be a conflict with another plugin or your theme or the code itself. Since this is a customization issue you’ll need to figure it out on your own. Good luck!

– Jonah

– Jonah

Tony
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

I deleted all recurring events and the calendar worked fine. I then put one recurring event back (one that occurs weekly every Monday). It worked fine for July, August, October and November, but for some weird reason September again went to October. http://bit.ly/NZKsmU

I’m stumped…. Any ideas?

Joyce Grace

Hi Tony, this is just my two cents, I’m not sure what it could be, but did you set up your time zone and display date in the WordPress General Settings? That might help.

Did you also rule out that it could be other plugins conflicting? Did you try deactivating all of them and reactivating one by one to see if any certain one changes it?

Tony
    Participant

Hi Joyce, yes I have set date in General Settings and tried removing all plugins.

I’ve discovered that the issue only happens if a recurring event falls on 1st of the next month.

So for example, if you have a daily event that starts on August 31 and ends on September 1, the mini calendar will return the whole of August as September.

It must be something to do with one of the calls in the PHP confusing the month end/start. Unfortunately I’m not a PHP coder so struggling to figure it out.

Joyce Grace

Hi Tony, I am going to ask about this, it makes sense, sort of, but on the other hand, I wonder if there is a way to fix it.

Tony
    Participant

Hi Joyce, great please do! My site has hundreds of events so really needs this. Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Tony,

It seems to still work fine for me… I added a recurring event on the last day of the month that spans to the first day of the next month. That’s the setup correct?

– Jonah

Tony
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    That’s strange. I created a fresh install of WordPress with ECP/EC to see if it might be my plugins, my theme or edits, but the problem still happens: http://bit.ly/MQU1ZG

Have I maybe copied the code wrong? I just replace line 127 of calendar-mini.php with your custom code right?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Tony,

You mean table-mini.php right? Yep, line 127 in that file as long as you didn’t have previous changes because then the line number would be different. Reference the core file in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/table-mini.php to find the right line number.

– Jonah

Tony
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

Yes, I mean ‘table-mini.php’. It was a fresh install on a fresh install of WP so no changes made to anything at all.

What might the problem be?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Well I don’t know what the problem could be and unfortunately we don’t have the bandwidth to be able to help with figuring out customization issues like this. If you need this feature you’ll need to either figure it out on your own or hire someone to help you. Good luck!

– Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Make mini calendar widget dates clickable’ is closed to new replies.