Make Mini Cal Widget Days Link to that Event or that Days Events…?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Make Mini Cal Widget Days Link to that Event or that Days Events…?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kjoboyle
    Participant

The mini cal widget is on the home of the site at http://www.carw.com, 99.8% of the time we only have 1 event on any given do, in fact, we might as well say 100% of the time. So what is the easiest way to get the day that is clicked on that has an event just link to that specific event’s page?

For example, we have an event on Feb 19th, you click on the 19th, nothing happens…

Of course you can click on the 19th below and it goes through to the event, but clicking on highlighted days that have an event on the mini cal produces no results, the links are set to carw.com/#

Barry

Hi kjoboyle,

If you don’t mind sacrificing the event list below the widget you could simply set the widget to list zero events: each populated day should then link directly to day view.

That’s not quite what you want since it means there is still an intermediate step before they can progress to the single event itself, but I wanted to moot the idea in case it got you close enough 🙂

If you’re up for a slightly more interesting challenge, though, you could leverage the tribe_events_the_mini_calendar_day_link filter hook to modify the links so they point to the single event itself, if that’s the only event on a given day.

Within your callback you can leverage functions such as tribe_events_get_current_month_day() to assess how many events the current day contains and take things from there.

I hope that helps 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Make Mini Cal Widget Days Link to that Event or that Days Events…?’ is closed to new replies.