Make image upload required

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Make image upload required

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Tresp
    Participant

We used the following function based on this tutorial
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form/ to make the image field required in the submissions form. However, it now gives an error saying “image required” even if an image was uploaded.

add_filter( ‘tribe_events_community_required_fields’, ‘the_community_required_fields’, 10, 1 );
    function the_community_required_fields( $fields ) {

if ( ! is_array( $fields ) ) {
    return $fields;
    }

$fields[] = ‘EventImage’;

return $fields;
    }

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for getting in touch! I tested it and it also doesn’t work for me. It looks like we have found ourselves a bug.

I filed an internal bugticket on this so our developers will take a look at it. At this point I cannot give you any specific date though.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released or if someone comes up with a workaround.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

We took a look at it and if you use the below that should make it work.

$fields[] = 'event_image';

Let me know if this fixes it for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lauren Tresp
    Participant

Your solution worked. Thank you!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Lauren,

Stoked to hear that solved it for you!

Since the issue is resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/reviews/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Make image upload required’ is closed to new replies.