make events backend more clear (disable options and end date)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO make events backend more clear (disable options and end date)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thomas
    Participant

hi, i like to make the backend more clear for the user.
    actually i don’t need to display those elements:
    – the checkbox for the whole day event
    – the end date of the event

how can i get rid of those elements in the backend?
    regards
    thomas

George
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Neither of these customizations are recommended, and we cannot help much with them, but here is some general advice:

The first thing to point out is that the End Date is actually required for events to function properly. If you truly don’t want this in your back-end event views, it’s a very extensive customization far beyond the scope of support here – you’d have to remove the checkbox, but then rewrite other parts of the plugin that rely on there being an end date for an event.

As for removing the “All Day” event checkbox, you should be able to hide this by removing the table row element for this field in src/admin-views/events-meta-box.php.

This is NOT recommended, because it requires editing core plugin code, but that’s how to do it if you’re interested 🙂

Cheers,
    George

thomas
    Participant

okay i was thinking this is more easy. well i won’t do it then i allready ran far off from the original scope and my client will never understand to pay extra for little more comfort.
    all my best
    thomas

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update. Best of luck with your project,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘make events backend more clear (disable options and end date)’ is closed to new replies.