Make Date Change Required

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Make Date Change Required

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hello,
    We have a lot of user submitted events but somehow people are missing the date box and leaving it at the default Jan 1 1970 and now there events show up for every single day. Can I require them to change this field? This also leads to my next question, can you have reoccurring events show up below single day events?
    Thanks,

Casey
    Participant

Whirlmagazine,
    Thanks for reaching out! Hopefully I can help you out with this. I’m noticing a couple of Javascript errors on your Event Submission page (screenshot), which is why the datepickers are not displaying correctly.

Could you try temporarily switching over to the Default 2012 theme to see if everything functions correctly?

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hello Casey,
    Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I cannot revert to the default theme. When we do that it tends to mess up widgets and other settings. Is it possible for me to just reinstall the plug-in. I should note, we have some guest able to add in a date.
    Thanks for the help,
    -Jordan

Casey
    Participant

Jordan,
    Reinstalling the plugin won’t help, since I think this is an issue with your third-party theme. Because of this, I was wanting to confirm that everything displayed correctly in the Default theme before troubleshooting further. Do you have a test environment you could try this out on?

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Unfortunately, I do not have a test environment. Our site is too large to easily set one up. Is this something I can manually fix by correcting that path that seems to be broken?

Casey
    Participant

Possibly, but I’m not familiar enough with your third-party theme to know what is causing those javascript errors. Please try disabling all other plugins, and then re-activating them one-by-one to see if another plugin is causing the errors.

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hello,
    Sorry for my delayed response. I was unable to resolve the js issue. But I have not received an event that has the wrong date for a solid week now. If we could move to my other question, is it possible (in the calendar view) to have the events that span several days/weeks to show up below one day events?

Thanks,
    -Jordan

Casey
    Participant

Jordan,
    So, are you saying that you’re all set here? If so, then I’ll go ahead and close this one out.

Also, would you mind posting your other question in the EC Pro forum so one of our experts who might be more familiar with your issue can help you? Thanks!

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Jordan,
    I just wanted to check back in and see if you’re still having issues here. Just let me know and we can continue to assist you, otherwise we’ll go ahead and close this thread out. Thanks!

-Casey-

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Make Date Change Required’ is closed to new replies.