Make Community Events Submission Private Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Make Community Events Submission Private Page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Katie Dahl
    Participant

I am working with a client who says that in the past they’ve made their community events submission page “Private,” but no one needed a password to access it. I’m not really sure how this would have been accomplished, but I wanted to check to see if that was something that was possible… again, I don’t know how you would have a private page, without some way to verify permission to access.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can require users to login to be able to submit events (under Events > Settings > Community), but this will mean that they need to enter their password to login. Otherwise, you could remove any links to the page from the front end of the site, and then only provide the link to users that you want to give it to (through whichever means works best for you). This way, users would essentially not be able to find the page unless you had given them a link directly. I’m not aware of any other methods to keep the page private without asking users to login…Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Make Community Events Submission Private Page’ is closed to new replies.